Gun Shops in Shelbyville??

I took a job in Shelbyville but don’t know much about the city.

I’m trying to find a specific gun and wonder if there any places there I should be checking out. Shops, Pawn dealers, etc… :D

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a job in Shelbyville but don’t know much about the city.

I’m trying to find a specific gun and wonder if there any places there I should be checking out. Shops, Pawn dealers, etc… :D

Thanks in advance.

I can tell you not to bother with the pawn shop in the East Side Shopping Center, on Thompson St . They do have a selection of guns, but all the prices I saw were through the roof. Very used guns for very new prices. That was just my experience there.

Also, I don't think Shelbyville has a "gun store". I asked around, and no one could think of one.

Welcome to the 'Ville. Time to learn Spanish! :D Seriously, no gun stores here. Just a pawn shop with poor selection. But it's only 20 minutes to Hero Gear.

Welcome to the 'Ville. Time to learn Spanish! :D Seriously, no gun stores here. Just a pawn shop with poor selection. But it's only 20 minutes to Hero Gear.

you are going to have to be haulin' ass to get to hero gear from shelbyville in20-30 minutes, id say more like an hour, takes 20+min. to get just from tullahoma to herogear

Yeah, my bad, I was thinking of Tullahoma to Winchester time. I live in Shelbyville, but go to Tullahoma often, then a trip over to HG is in order. Yeah, it's about 45 minutes, if you don't stop for milkshakes.

you are semi-close to hero-gear but i dont know of another good one close by
True. I'd say no more than 30-40 minutes. Well worth the drive.
Welcome to the 'Ville. Time to learn Spanish! :) Seriously, no gun stores here. Just a pawn shop with poor selection. But it's only 20 minutes to Hero Gear.
you are going to have to be haulin' ass to get to hero gear from shelbyville in20-30 minutes, id say more like an hour, takes 20+min. to get just from tullahoma to herogear

Thanks guys :D I’m familiar with Hero Gear; I bought my Panther there. But they don’t have what I’m looking for.

Tullahoma has two pawn shops, one, KK's doesn't have much. The other has a pretty large case of handguns. I'll look in the case next time I'm over. Should be tomorrow.

Tullahoma has two pawn shops, one, KK's doesn't have much. The other has a pretty large case of handguns. I'll look in the case next time I'm over. Should be tomorrow.

mind sharing the location, because the manchester, tullahoma, winchester, decherd area doesnt have a whole lot to offer gun nuts aside from herogear.

I’m looking for a Smith & Wesson K-frame .22 revolver.

I’m looking for a used pre-lock right now. But if I don’t find something I may have to buy new.

Actually Dave, we DO have a beautiful pre-lock K22....

I'm in Shelbyville quite often... there is little-to-no selection when it comes to firearms, though there is one place on 231 and another on Fairfield, but truly your best bet is Hero-Gear. Tullahoma isn't too bad, in terms of pawn-shops with some selection.

There is a new gun shop in Tullahoma, just south west of the city. The name is Uleston's. Try a web search for directions. It is out West Lincoln Street toward Tim's Ford Lake. You pass the "fork" in the road, bearing left and it is down, I believe, at the next left in a location that use to sell 4 wheelers.

There is a new gun shop in Tullahoma, just south west of the city. The name is Uleston's. Try a web search for directions. It is out West Lincoln Street toward Tim's Ford Lake. You pass the "fork" in the road, bearing left and it is down, I believe, at the next left in a location that use to sell 4 wheelers.

Its HOSeltons (or spelled similar) not to be confused with Rick Uselesston of recent TGO fame.

The new shop is very nice, and has the nicest collection of high end sporting guys our area has seen since Ray Judge's hayday.

He is a full-line Browning dealer, carries some very nice Beretta doubles, etc.

Very few pistols, most of which are on the high side pricewise, but keep in mind that he isnt focusing on that, but more so the well heeled sporting buyer.

Rod and I spent some time with the owners, and they are very nice people.

We wish them the best, and have promised to send most of our top shelf brown gun business to them.

I will post the address and phone number when I get to work.