Mosin Nagant

RC3

A "friend" who'd pawn/sell your property, regardless of how desperate, is not a friend.

I used to have "friends in need" too. I never heard from them until they needed something. A few polite refusals in a row and I never heard from them again.

I know, I just wish he didnt have a kid and an abusive ex. I just want to strangle the bitch and get it over with

I know, I just wish he didnt have a kid and an abusive ex. I just want to strangle the bitch and get it over with

You know, douglas adams was way underrated.  His stuff was funny, but I learned a lot from it.  What came to mind here was one of the guys had SEP glasses.  (Someone Else's Problem).  Whenever the wearer encountered something that was not his problem, the glasses blacked out to prevent having to look at/ deal with it.    I have worn a set of these (imaginary of course)  for decades now, its a way of life :)   Compassion is a good thing, but it is often misplaced.  There is a perfectly acceptable and inexpensive (even free) way to prevent having kids with someone you do not like.  And there are all sorts of ways to avoid getting married to a tyrant of a woman (or man). 

I guess what I am saying is your compassion is misplaced.  This guy's problems are 100% self inflicted (as are most problems for most people).   If you feel a need to have compassion for someone, next time find some poor soul with terminal cancer and give them $500 instead --- it will be better spent.  Just my useless 2 cents.

• Like 1

I'd say throw him a beating, but...

I saw my step-brother drag his wife across a bed by her hair once. Long-story-short...one thing led to another and he wound up getting punched in the eye. He immediately called 911. So, when the lil prick stole/pawned a couple of my dad's guns while he was in the hospital having bypass surgery, I knew an ass-whoopin' wouldn't fly. I just went down to the PD and reported them stolen. They found out who pawned them and he got picked up and released. The court hassle was enough to make me feel a lil better...not as much as giving him a beating would, but whatcha gonna do?

Edited by BigK

I have lent guns in the past.  Most of the time I have done it involved loaning deer rifles to friends that owned land because they wanted to get into deer hunting and had land but no gun.  I never had anything bad happen but when I got into Mosins my 91/30 became my permanent loaner.  It will get the job done and the beggars can't be choosers.  I have never loaned a gun to anyone that I did not trust but I figure with the Mosin of something happens I'm out $100 as opposed to $500-$1000 for one of my other rifles.