Walgreens -100 :(

JG55

:rant: Our family has been getting prescriptions filled by Walgreen for years. My wife has a particular drug which in the past has been $27.00 for a 3 month supply. This time around the price was raised to 128.00 :rock: for the exact same  medication. Walgreen's pharmacist blames it on the insurance. Insurance blames it on the manufacturer. Someone is full of sh@#!!!!!.. Same drug cash price at Kroger's 47.00, same Drug at Costco's $27.00, Same drug with a 6 /2 month supply from Canada $85.00.  

:rant: My big mistake is checking prices after the purchase. Walgreen's refuses to to price match or refund because it is a Drug.. Drug dealers don't give refunds.....  I have called the corporate office to complain but I don't expect much from the Corporate Office. 

I don't have to, don't need to and will never set foot in a Walgreen's pharmacy for the rest of my life. I am in the process of transferring  all prescriptions to Costco.   :rofl:

And Yes it is my fault for not checking price beforehand.  :down:

My insurance through work (Aetna) isn't even accepted at Walgreen's anymore so I don't go there. In December for whatever reason (was too lazy to dig into it at the time) we were told as of the beginning of the year Walgreen's was refusing to accept Aetna insurance. That aside, all their prices are always higher (say $2 higher for a 12 pack compared to Kroger or Walmart) so I have never been too fond of stopping there.

I was told that the med I was getting was no longer a "preferred" drug. I called my insurance company and they said that Walgreens charges the insurance company too much for that medication and that is why it is not a "preferred" medication. They said I would have to fill it elsewhere to have it covered fully. the medication was going to cost $78 at walgreens and I went to Target and it was covered and only cost me $4. I was talking to the Pharmacy guy at Target and he said he is seeing a lot of people switching from the big places like CVS/Walgreens/Rite aid because of the same thing. He said it is because of the deals they are making with the drug companies.

• Moderators

Walgreens bought three locally owned stores here in Greeneville a couple of months ago. I guess if you can't beat them throw more money at them than they can refuse.

More like .gov regulation making it nearly impossible to run a profitable operation as an indie. and it is much easier and to sell out and start collecting a 110k salary from Walgreens plus what they paid for your book.
Guest RedLights&Sirens
Im not sure what to think of drug companies anymore. I keep my ambulance 100% compliant to state requirments minus dextrose which is on a nationwide back order. How sugar in sterile water is that hard to come by is beyond me.

I used to work at Pfizer, not even sure what to think about them.

I have to get whatever drugs I use at a place online: Express Script. Walgreens is okay if the drugs are generic.

Same here. They are pretty good if it's a consistant or long term med you take. But will wear you out by phone asking why you didn't call them for every little med the doc might proscribe for a short term use.

I guess the worst aspect of using them for me was getting live human on the phone when needed. It could be quite a chore. 

Got a call from the Asst Manager at Walgreens. They are going to issue a refund to price match Kroger's .  :woohoo:  this one time. Well Done Walgreens. Makes me fell better about doing business with Walgreens as well as a personal response vs the canned, read off the script response.I was getting..   :rock:  Must i admitt, the response was fast and better than I expected... 

Morale of the story: A few phone calls doing some price checking and non of this would of been a issue. Normally when I buy something, that's what I do.