OWB carry has a definite comfort advantage over IWB

Guest GUTTERbOY

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try the bianchi "carry lock" holsters, they pull up nice and tight, I OWB carry my S&W M&P 40c all the time. Now as I have stated before I CC but if it becomes exposed I just cover it back up and go on about my business, I have found if you don't make a big deal out of if then most of the time no one else will even notice, or if they do they don't become alarmed since you are not acting suspious. I'm a big fella 300+ 6' 4" so "hiding" a gun is not exactly easy, and while in the customer service line at wally world I became exposed (right there in front of 1/2 dozen customers, 2 employee's and 4 camera's). no one said squat, I recovered and went on about my business.

That's odd. I am 5'11, 150, and I have no problem hiding my Glock 27 OWB with just a T-shirt. I was carrying in IHOP, paying for my meal, and 3 cops were right behind me, none of them said anything.

I know it's about what you are used to and comfortable with but IMHO I'm glad I can carry OWB everyday. My attire easily accomodates it. I have tried IWB options but just don't like them. My EMP is very slender and small and conceals easily OWB in a Don Hume belt holster. I do have a Galco FLETCH on order (should be here tomorrow) has a little more cant than the Don Hume and a thumb break, I like options. I agree with the previous post Galco makes good stuff for mass produced leather goods, very high value items.

Edited by TN9mm
Guest Plainsman

I'm an OWB kind of guy too. Most of the IWB holsters I've tried just aren't that comfortable. My Ruger LCP in a Fobus paddle holster disappears with just about anything on except for a tucked in shirt. I"m looking into maybe a pocket holster for the LCP as well for those times when I need the shirt tucked in. I'm a big fan of the blackhawk serpa paddle for my Glock and 1911.

The one thing that bothers me the most about OWB carry is how so many companies that make pants put the belt loops in the worst possible position for your holster!!

The one thing that bothers me the most about OWB carry is how so many companies that make pants put the belt loops in the worst possible position for your holster!!

I couldn't agree more, it's like they do it to mess with ya.

I often can't ware a holster were I'd like to because of belt loops.

~Micah

Guest Muttling

It's EASY to CCW in winter. I could carry an MP5 under a sweater.

Summer sux. I'm limited to IWB compacts that are quite litterally a pain in the butt....especially when sitting.

A high ride DeSantis or Bianchi with a light coat or sweater is all you need the rest of the year. I carry my CCW on my right kidney. I can pull my wallet and you'll never know I'm armed. I can pull my weapon and you won't that I'm not giving you my wallet until it's too late.

Guest grimel

Summer sux. I'm limited to IWB compacts that are quite litterally a pain in the butt....especially when sitting.

Nope, you choose to be limited to compacts. Phantom6 has seen me produce large ordinance while wearing cargo shorts and a T shirt from all manner of IWB locations. Everything from 5" 1911's and 4" 629's carried appendix IWB to the same in a more traditional kidney carry location. Good holster, good belt, loose pants & shirt and just about anything can be hidden.

The compact single stack autos are almost cheating.

A high ride DeSantis or Bianchi with a light coat or sweater is all you need the rest of the year. I carry my CCW on my right kidney. I can pull my wallet and you'll never know I'm armed. I can pull my weapon and you won't that I'm not giving you my wallet until it's too late.

Although I carry 642 in pocket in warm weather, I carry OWB during winter. Yes, sweater does hide weapon. I like bulky sweaters and cordurois in winter so I carry stainless (640) in OWB.

Guest abailey362

kahr CW40...IWB at about 4.30 turned backwards (like SOB carry) I can wear aything and no one can see...my wife doesn't even notice a lot of times

kahr CW40...IWB at about 4.30 turned backwards (like SOB carry) I can wear aything and no one can see...my wife doesn't even notice a lot of times

That's better than what my wife doesn't notice in my pants;)

~Micah