Now, THAT'S a light!!

I had a bit of birthday cash so I picked up one of the Home Depot Defiant 3D flashlights based on what I read here. 

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Defiant-ArmorMax-3D-Tactical-Flashlight-809-3731-D/203657321#.UgjK8KxYVdA

Darn bright flashlight.  Puts my 3D Mag light (incandescent) to shame.  Build quality is almost as good as the mag light, but I'm not in the habit of using my flashlights as hammers so I don't suspect it'll be a big deal.  The only negative is lack of mode memory.  You have to cycle through the modes (hi/low/strobe) each time.  Heckuva deal for $30, IMO. 

I had a bit of birthday cash so I picked up one of the Home Depot Defiant 3D flashlights based on what I read here. 

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Defiant-ArmorMax-3D-Tactical-Flashlight-809-3731-D/203657321#.UgjK8KxYVdA

Darn bright flashlight.  Puts my 3D Mag light (incandescent) to shame.  Build quality is almost as good as the mag light, but I'm not in the habit of using my flashlights as hammers so I don't suspect it'll be a big deal.  The only negative is lack of mode memory.  You have to cycle through the modes (hi/low/strobe) each time.  Heckuva deal for $30, IMO. 

Actually, the weight would be an issue for me. Prefer to carry a few ounces, not lbs. On the other hand, none of mine serve as a good hammer substitute.

Actually, the weight would be an issue for me. Prefer to carry a few ounces, not lbs. On the other hand, none of mine serve as a good hammer substitute.

I wouldn't carry it routinely.  At best it might might live in the vehicle.  My intent for it is to inspect the house for storm damage or for things that go bump in the night outside.  It's much too powerful to use inside, and I have other flashlights for that. 

Man; Fenix needs to have an ad campaign... a pic with a bunch of rubble and debris... with a "bright as sunlight" beam shooting straight up... and the slogan, "From out of the ashes... the Light of the Fenix..."

Yeah, I am a big fan of Fenix, as well. The PD32 is great. Rated at 315 lumens, it is really bright on high and actually very easy on battery usage. I also have an ExtremeBeam M-4, rated at 310 lumens. I would recommend the Fenix over the ExtremeBeam many times over.
With lumen counts a lot of companies just use a mathematical equation to get the lumens. They can tweak the numbers to show "higher" lumen ratings.

You will be better served sticking with well known brands like Surefire, Streamlight, Fenix, Foursevens, Olight, Malkoff, Elzetta, etc.

For defensive use, remember that if it ain't Surefire, you ain't sure it'll fire. ;)

Sticking with better brands (many that are around that $50-75 mark (even some surefires can be had under $100)) you will have a light that will last. For "truck lights" and stuff, stick with cheap lights from Lowes. But when looking for a good light, stick with good brands. Often the more expensive option is the frugal option.