Marco Rubio On Hannity Last Night discussing Immigration

I work in construction. I have met many that are in the country working legally and i have come to believe that many would like to become citizens and assimilate. However I think citizenship through naturalization for these productive members is somewhat out of reach (or they think it is being relatively uneducated, lower paid, and employed in jobs that do not allow for the time and travel required) what happens to these people? Are they just screwed over and have to go the hard route or forget about it or do they go off the grid and make themselves illegal to gain the amnesty offered?

I'm not sure I understand your question...if they are here legally then nothing happens to them; life goes on as normal.

As to them becoming a citizen, I see no reason to make it easy (or easier) for anyone - that's just one part of this "immigration reform" that should be rejected; NO ONE who came here illegally should be given any path to citizenship that essentially screws everyone who did it the right way.  If an illegal wants to be a citizen they should go back to where they came from and then go through the legal steps to some here the legal way.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I understand your question...if they are here legally then nothing happens to them; life goes on as normal.

As to them becoming a citizen, I see no reason to make it easy (or easier) for anyone - that's just one part of this "immigration reform" that should be rejected; NO ONE who came here illegally should be given any path to citizenship that essentially screws everyone who did it the right way. If an illegal wants to be a citizen they should go back to where they came from and then go through the legal steps to some here the legal way.

Agreed.

I think what I was trying to get at is wouldn't it be advantageous for someone here working legally to make themselves illegal?

I suppose it's at least possible; difficult to say at this point whether someone already here legally would be better off trying to get himself classified "illegal".

To some extent the very question shows how screwed up this piece of legislation is!

I think Rubio is looking for an exit now.  He started this bill before the IRS targeting and the recent Tea Party popularity surge.  Now that Tea Party is viable again, he's worried he will lose their vote - as he should (come 2016).

I think Rubio is looking for an exit now.  He started this bill before the IRS targeting and the recent Tea Party popularity surge.  Now that Tea Party is viable again, he's worried he will lose their vote - as he should (come 2016).

Yep, he's somehow gonna claim he was for it and against it at at same time by killing his own bill.

What a country.

- OS