Marco Rubio On Hannity Last Night discussing Immigration

What do you think about Rubio's immigration plan and how the airwaves have been full of him talking about it. Seems even the talk radio hosts are giving him a somewhat free ride ..is he becoming a a RINO. From what I have read it doesn't look good..

Here's a couple links on one blogs criticism 

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/05/marco-rubios-embarrassing-appearance-on-fox-news-part-one.php

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/05/marco-rubios-embarrassing-appearance-on-fox-part-two.php

Guest 6.8 AR

I think Rubio's wrong. I like him, otherwise, but I can't agree with his inconsistencies. You don't fix a problem by

allowing a group of criminals to become law abiding without first adjudicating their criminality. Enforce valid law

before you water things down further.

What do you think about Rubio's immigration plan and how the airwaves have been full of him talking about it. Seems even the talk radio hosts are giving him a somewhat free ride ..is he becoming a a RINO. From what I have read it doesn't look good..

Here's a couple links on one blogs criticism 

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/05/marco-rubios-embarrassing-appearance-on-fox-news-part-one.php

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/05/marco-rubios-embarrassing-appearance-on-fox-part-two.php

Is he becoming a RINO?  No, he already was one with a just a little more polish.

• Like 2
It is ridiculous that there isn't anyone trying to enforce these laws. I was watching a show called Drug Wars yesterday and immigration caught a guy on camera bringing a bale of pot into the country and caught him after he had "stashed" his delivery. He spent 22days in a detention center and was sent back to Mexico. Hmmm. What is wrong with this. He didn't have to walk back home.

I think Rubio's wrong. I like him, otherwise, but I can't agree with his inconsistencies. You don't fix a problem by

allowing a group of criminals to become law abiding without first adjudicating their criminality. Enforce valid law

before you water things down further.

I haven't gone real deep on this, but have heard Rubio's position from his own mouth. I haven't seen the Hannity video yet. Rubio's position is (or was)...

1. Secure the borders before anything else happens.

2. Penalize the illegals before they are allowed to participate in the path to citizenship.

What we have now doesn't work. Whatever they decide to change will have to pass both houses of Congress WITH full funding. Amnesty has two popular definitions. The first is anything short of rounding them up and deporting them. The second is granting them citizenship without penalty. Rubio's plan fits the first definition, but not the second.

I don't know where I stand, but do speculate that a LOT of citizens rights are gonna get violated if they try to round up and deport all these folks. The Obama presidency has done more to curb illegal immigration than anything else. It sucks here right now.

Guest 6.8 AR

I haven't gone real deep on this, but have heard Rubio's position from his own mouth. I haven't seen the Hannity video yet. Rubio's position is (or was)...

1. Secure the borders before anything else happens.

2. Penalize the illegals before they are allowed to participate in the path to citizenship.

What we have now doesn't work. Whatever they decide to change will have to pass both houses of Congress WITH full funding. Amnesty has two popular definitions. The first is anything short of rounding them up and deporting them. The second is granting them citizenship without penalty. Rubio's plan fits the first definition, but not the second.

I don't know where I stand, but do speculate that a LOT of citizens rights are gonna get violated if they try to round up and deport all these folks. The Obama presidency has done more to curb illegal immigration than anything else. It sucks here right now.

Rubio appears to think this is his winning ticket to make it to the presidency. He got in with the wrong crowd if that's

what he thinks. I know his public ad policy says to secure the borders and to make illegals pay to get in, but what

about all the people in line who are trying to do things the legitimate way. What are you going to do for them? They're

the only ones worth considering, far as I'm concerned.

If Rubio is going to continue with the advantage of the Tea Party support, he might consider that the Tea

Party doesn't care too much for progressives and Karl Rove. His immigration policy will undermine his

whole candidacy and will freely deliver us another left wing radical to the White House.

Karl Rove thinks the hispanic vote is so important, but he fails to mention where that sector has delivered.

It hasn't, except to Democrats.

Edited by 6.8 AR

I haven't gone real deep on this, but have heard Rubio's position from his own mouth.

What a politician says and what is actually in the bill are most of the time contradictory.  The bill will do neither of those items you mentioned.  Basically, Rubio is full of ****, and I am not from the round 'em up crowd.

Guest 6.8 AR

There are probably some immigration laws that need to be nullified, rather than added to, and the ones that

should remain need to be enforced vigorously.

Guest 6.8 AR

Which is what the law requires, Red, and a certain bunch of politicians on both sides need to be taken to task

about it.

Rubio supports firearms registration , nothing else needed to be known about him.  He is not worth supporting.

You referring to previous O'Reilly interview where Rubio had "no objection" to several things Bill fired off, and one of them being registration?

If so, and without any other documentation, I'd say Rubio simply had a lapse of the moment in a rapid fire exchange.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest PapaB

You referring to previous O'Reilly interview where Rubio had "no objection" to several things Bill fired off, and one of them being registration?

If so, and without any other documentation, I'd say Rubio simply had a lapse of the moment in a rapid fire exchange.

- OS

"Rubio's inclination to compromise where others might have opted to stand on principle and lose is also a matter of interpretation. "He talked the talk, but he didn't walk the walk," the NRA lobbyist Marion Hammer complained after Rubio's house failed to pass legislation permitting employees to bring guns to work."

Source: The Rise of Marco Rubio, by Manuel Rogi-Franzia, p.137 , Jun 19, 2012

The NRA has only given him a B+ rating, not exactly a glowing endorsement.

In the exchange with O'reilly, why did O'Reilly think Rubio was for registration if he is not. There's more there than the "lapse of the moment in a rapid fire exchange" you mention.

I think Rubio is a good talker but not the straight walking conservative many think he is.

The NRA has only given him a B+ rating, not exactly a glowing endorsement.

In the exchange with O'reilly, why did O'Reilly think Rubio was for registration if he is not. There's more there than the "lapse of the moment in a rapid fire exchange" you mention.

I think Rubio is a good talker but not the straight walking conservative many think he is.

Exactly right !!!!

And these conservative talk show hosts are going to get egg on their faces if they start milly mouthing about him..

Edited by JG55
Guest TNSovereignty

Bush 1 & 2 ... McCain ... Christy ... Rubio.  All Republican leaders chosen for us by the "establishment."  (Establishment are people who don't hang out w/ people like TGO members.)  All Republican leaders who LOVE not merely compromise, but abdication of Constitutional principles.  We have to do better.  My sense, however, is that it's too late for ANY leader to step in & clean up our mess.  We the People prefer happy-speak & perks to hard-truth & the hard times we'd have to endure to get back on track.  Anyone know of any Republican leaders who would shoot straight about what it would REALLY take to turn this country around?

....  Anyone know of any Republican leaders who would shoot straight about what it would REALLY take to turn this country around?

Any that would, can't currently be elected.

The electorate will not cotton to hearing about pain, though ironically, at some point we'll hit a period of a great deal of it, and at that point, "progressive" politicians will become rare birds indeed.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

The shine is absolutely off Rubio as it is for any "Tea Party" politician (Rand Paul included) who is in favor of this abortion of an immigration plan.

We have no control of our border and an administration who absolutely refuses to enforce the laws already on the books or even allow states to do the job that the federal government has abdicated. Until the border is CLOSED no one who truly values this country or the Constitution has any business proposing anything else.

I can solve the immigration problem with four steps...

1. Seal and control the border; use the military if necessary

2. Enforce hiring law about hiring illegal aliens and pull the business license of ANY business who violates it..perp walk a couple of CEOs on the 6PM news and jobs for these criminals will evaporate faster then you can imagine.

3. Absolutely no TAXPAYER ASSISTANCE of any kind for illegal aliens or their children

4. Declare English as the official language of the U.S. and require ALL business conducted by government agencies be conducted in English only.

Enact the items above and the 20Million criminals currently living here will deport themselves.

THEN and ONLY then can we talk about "comprehensive immigration reform".

America being a nation of immigrants, I feel we do need reform.

My problem with the 'reforms' that have been discussed in the past couple years are:

1.) These laws reward those who have gained entry into this country. I never hear what is to come of those who are trying to follow our laws and go through the naturalization. 'Reform' seems to punish those who respect existing laws and reward those with no respect for existing laws. Unless I am missing what they plan to do with those legally trying to become citizens, this seems to allow those who are here illegally to cut in line.

2.) With the current job market, do we really 'need' more bodies to be unemployed.

America being a nation of immigrants, I feel we do need reform.

My problem with the 'reforms' that have been discussed in the past couple years are:

1.) These laws reward those who have gained entry into this country. I never hear what is to come of those who are trying to follow our laws and go through the naturalization. 'Reform' seems to punish those who respect existing laws and reward those with no respect for existing laws. Unless I am missing what they plan to do with those legally trying to become citizens, this seems to allow those who are here illegally to cut in line.

2.) With the current job market, do we really 'need' more bodies to be unemployed.

We are a country of and need immigrants.

The problem is that those who break our laws by coming here; break our laws by staying here and break our laws by working here aren't here to immigrate; they are here to simply escape the cesspool in their own country; work and send their money back "home". They do nothing to integrate themselves into American society; rather, the seek to make America conform to them.

I realize I'm painting with a broad brush and there area always exceptions but that's how I see things.

• Like 1
I work in construction. I have met many that are in the country working legally and i have come to believe that many would like to become citizens and assimilate. However I think citizenship through naturalization for these productive members is somewhat out of reach (or they think it is being relatively uneducated, lower paid, and employed in jobs that do not allow for the time and travel required) what happens to these people? Are they just screwed over and have to go the hard route or forget about it or do they go off the grid and make themselves illegal to gain the amnesty offered?