XDs 9mm

jcoosi

Any major differences size wise between the shield and the Xds?

Side by side the only major difference was the grip. The xd is blocky to where the shield is more ergonomical. Other than that same size
I've owned both the Shield and XDs. The Shield went away, and I carry and love the XDs in 45. My wife, who is all of 105lbs has no problem controlling it. The recoil is very nice. As 9mm goes, I have a hard time beating my Glock 26. I'm sure the XDs in 9mm will be a great little gun though

I was making a Crossbreed-style holster for a co-worker's 9mm Shield a while back. It gave me a good opportunity to compare them side-by-side. I like the Shield's grip better, but I liked EVERYTHING else about the XD-s better.

Ironic how the XD-s 9 is heavier than the XD-s 45. At 23 oz, the XD-s 9 is heavier than a Glock 17...that's freakin' weird.

Not really. Watch the Hickok45 video and look at the barrel difference. The 45 is hogged out way more.

I just meant that typically, a .45 is heavier than a 9mm. Since Springfield intended to release the 9mm first, I see that the 9mm barrel would have to be much thicker to use the same slide and frame. Edited by BigK

Super happy with mine.  

Recoil is very manageable.  The grip might get a bit uncomfortable, though, if you shoot more than a hundred rounds at a time.  Slim, and conceals well.  No function failures, so far.  Red fiber optic sight is very easy to pick up and point.  

As for how it shoots, here's 7 rounds at 21 feet.

xdstarget.png

Edited by Sheepdog

I put the talon rubberized grip on my xds 45. It made the grip much more comfortable for longer shooting sessions

I put one on mine too.I agree, what a difference! I can't imagine going back to the regular stock grip now. Edited by BigK