Need help with Armslist seller. ADVICE PLEASE!

Please don't steal this ninja style if its legit. I've been dying to get my hands on one of these.

LWRC upper for sale on Armslist for $1,300. Shortly like I want. Its all just copy and pasted info from LWRC's website. And, add says its in New Hampshire...

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1538244/new-hampshire-gun-parts-for-sale--lwrc-m6a2-5-556-ar15-upper--223

So, I email the seller. This is my response.

It is still available sir.
It is brand new and never fired.
I guaranteed it is in 100% perfect condition.
Where are you located? I am currently in Taquelah,Oklahoma...
Please let me know if you will be available for a ftf here or i can handle shipping to your doorstep...
Please let me know.

Thanks
Leah

Does this seem legit? Two totally different locations... quick, good response though. 

Would you follow through with it...?

Does this seem legit?   NO  Two totally different locations... quick, good response though. Likely some type of bot sending auto replies.

Would you follow through with it...?  NO

If you really must follow up on your curiosity, don't do so in any way that would give this individual any legitimate contact info including an e-mail address you wish to continue using (lest in addition to the invitation to be scammed you be subject to spam or having your e-mail hacked as a bonus).  My suspicion is that you will be instructed to send certified funds in return for a promise to send your goods.    

from him:

Barrel length is 10.5" PSD model...
Listed it in NH when i was still there but i have moved to Oklahoma which is the more reason why i am still looking to sell it because i have got to get somethings done at the new place here.

From me:
Only questions I really have are, what barrel length is it? 10.5" or 8.5" PSD model? Your add was just LWRC's info off their site. Also, the add says your in New Hampshire...? Just the typical questions to make sure every things legit.

From the seller:
It is still available sir.
It is brand new and never fired.
I guaranteed it is in 100% perfect condition.
Please let me know if you will be available for a ftf here or i can handle shipping to your doorstep...
Please let me know.

Thanks
Leah

nevermind. dude was uber shady. i walked away.....

a buddy brought up a good point. who moves overnight from NH to OK and lists the add in NH?.... not for me. oh well, i'll keep looking. 

yes, its the stock photo from LWRC's site.

well, the signature in my email says my work (irrelevant because its my afghan cell and no ones going to call that) cell number and personal state side number and my full name and job title. i use that email for work and personal stuff. 

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=664011

hes on forums like this one. 

i hope he doesnt use my info, and i get called in the middle of the night by EVERYONE. mannnnnnnnnnnn.

just not my day....

as a warning to everyone else. 

bullletproof007@gmail.com

get an email from them. its a scam.

Guest RedLights&Sirens
When I first moved here and was looking for a place to live I would find nice places for a decent price. Upon inquiry I would get a response from the "landlord" saying they are out of state and that if I mailed them the first months rent they would send the keys. I have seen it a few times.

Glad you backed out. I for one cant stand shopping online unless its through a legit business, no offense.
I'm still not convinced its a scam. How are you making a connection between this guy and the others? Am I missing something? He took stock photos. Doesn't mean fraud, just too lazy to take his own photo of an identical item.

Scam, scam, SCAM.  You respond an ad in NH, but the gun is in Oklahoma... and the guy asks if you can do a ftf or ship to doorstep. NOTE: Both of these options are ILLEGAL. That should be a clue. What are the chances that an Oklahoma resident is going to reply to a NH ad... not much better than winning the lottery. Thus, selling to a non-OK resident would be illegal. Shipping to your doorstep is also illegal. It would have to be shipped to an FFL.

EDITED: On retrospect, I am impressed that he asked you to break the law two different ways in one sentence. That's not easy to do.

Edited by jgradyc

Scam, scam, SCAM.  You respond an ad in NH, but the gun is in Oklahoma... and the guy asks if you can do a ftf or ship to doorstep. NOTE: Both of these options are ILLEGAL. That should be a clue. What are the chances that an Oklahoma resident is going to reply to a NH ad... not much better than winning the lottery. Thus, selling to a non-OK resident would be illegal. Shipping to your doorstep is also illegal. It would have to be shipped to an FFL.

EDITED: On retrospect, I am impressed that he asked you to break the law two different ways in one sentence. That's not easy to do.

It's an upper.... not a firearm.
  • Like 2
I posted a link to another forum talking about the same guy and how he's a scammer. Using a fake military I'd. Always in different states. Posting an add In NH on the 29th but saying he's in OK on the 30th... Moved cross country In a day and posted it the day before he left. Yeah...nooo... Little clues like that give it away.

Google his email I posted and see for yourselfs.

Please no me try to buy this or get scammed by him...

I posted a link to another forum talking about the same guy and how he's a scammer. Using a fake military I'd. Always in different states. Posting an add In NH on the 29th but saying he's in OK on the 30th... Moved cross country In a day and posted it the day before he left. Yeah...nooo... Little clues like that give it away.
Google his email I posted and see for yourselfs.
Please no me try to buy this or get scammed by him...

Ok. After seeing some of the links on his googled email I agree. Good catch and glad you posted here to call him out. Seems like he is trying to go after military guys. Might be worth sending to the ATF or FBI. Looks like his other posts are offering to ship class 3 to the door of the buyer. Some posts are wondering if he IS ATF trying to bait someone.

There was a SCAR 17 posted up cheap on Armslist in Nashville a few weeks back.  I replied thinking scam, sure enough, guy said he was in OK, but had been passing through Nashville the previous day so he posted it there. 

It was a total scam.

Ive dealt with the exact same scam on armslist when trying to buy a Keltec RFB.

Believe it or not, scammers will listen to a ton of insults before finally giving up. I was able to get his number and call him. At that point i realized he was of some middle eastern decent. I asked him if the RFB would be a good weapon for "whackin camel jockeys at 500 yards"

That was just the start..

• 2 weeks later...