What was for supper?

The wife had a couple of big hunks of cow flesh marinating. Not sure what cut they are. I hope they have some marbling. I am betting that any minute now I will get the call to go fire up the grill. I think she is making onion rings and fried pickles too.

Strick says

tilapia fillet

You oughta have breaded and fried the tilapia, it would have been better.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GUTTERbOY
I had a broiled tilapia fillet with some white and brown rice.

It was kinda gamey tasting but otherwise not to bad

That must have been some old tilapia. I've never had any where I thought the fish had any favor whatsoever. Eating tilapia is sort of like eating air. Gimme some tuna or swordfish any day.

:tinfoil:

Guest SUNTZU
I had a broiled tilapia fillet with some white and brown rice.

It was kinda gamey tasting but otherwise not to bad

cid0819081717dy3ri5hp3.jpg

I didn't know Hungry Man made tilapia dinners!

Guest db99wj
That must have been some old tilapia. I've never had any where I thought the fish had any favor whatsoever. Eating tilapia is sort of like eating air. Gimme some tuna or swordfish any day.

:up:

Yum, I agree, tilapia is a bit bland, but you can season a bit.

I like Salmon, you can get the individually flash frozen fillets at Sam's, Worcester, soy, garlic, some more garlic, (I like garlic) salt, pepper, lemon juice, Cavender's Greek seasoning, grill it up....yummy.

The Half Shell here in Memphis has an outstanding grilled Amber jack.

Oh, fried catfish...that's always good. Oh, and fried bass filet's are my favorite freshwater fish. Then crappie, then catfish. I want some fish! Going to Reelfoot Lake this weekend to my moms house, hopefully the bass are biting, definately will have catfish, but maybe fresh bass.....

Guest GUTTERbOY

Fried catfish occupies its own territory in the scheme of Good Food. Used to always enjoy going catfishing with friends back in NC, and then having a big-ass fish fry the next day. In addition to the fish, we'd fry a crapton of sweet potato chips and God knows what else.

Now I'm hungry.

Grilled salmon is pretty good as well. I prefer tuna and sword blackened, with tuna cooked about medium-rare to medium.

:up:

Guest Medic908

I forgot about dessert....:D

delicious-cake.jpg

Sean, so far - GTG...no chest pain yet!!

Edited by Medic908
Forgot to answer Sean's question...

Supper was boring. Just finished up the chicken wings I had left over.

Lunch was more interesting. I made some fresh basil pesto. Ate it on linguine and some split plum tomatoes. Very healthy except the pesto has a half cup of olive oil in it and another half cup of Parmesan . Enough fat there to float a ship.

Pesto is easy to make in a food processor. Of course purists will only do it in a mortar and pestle. But those folks drown when they go out in the rain. :screwy:

I planted three pots (and kinds) of basil that I keep on the uncovered part of the front porch. Another type came up as a volunteer in another pot I used last year. I can collect enough basil for a meal about every 4 days. Pesto freezes well too.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the three tablespoons of butter in it too. More oil!!!!

I think I'm going for linguine with white clam sauce for supper. But that clam chowder sounds good too.