What was for supper?

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GUTTERbOY

Mmmm... steak fajitas were good tonight. Marinated a couple flatiron steaks in a chipotle lime sauce, tossed 'em on the grill, and cooked off a crapton of peppers and onions to go along.

I must do this again, except I have to work on my vegetable:everything else ratio. I had about twice the amount of veggies I needed for the steak.

Guest Honest AK
Mmmm... steak fajitas were good tonight. Marinated a couple flatiron steaks in a chipotle lime sauce, tossed 'em on the grill, and cooked off a crapton of peppers and onions to go along.

You gonna eat all that? :D

I am not sure whats for dinner. I am still sitting in the warehouse killing time until the last driver gets back from tri cities.

I did request something simple like tuna salad sammich. So I am guessing thats what I will have.

well, I tried cooking fish for the very first time tonight.... it was... just OK. I grilled a nice salmon filet with a homemade terriyaki/shallot/honey glaze. Next time I want to try the cedar plank thing and get the fish already skinned. I hate the skin on there!

Oh, I grilled hot dogs for the wife. She's a really plain eater... hot dogs, burgers, boring chicken.

I finally got around to fixing my Chicken Cordon Bleu. Very tasty. Just added a side salad and Rice Krispy Treats for desert.

Tonight will either be beef tips or fajitas. I'm leaning toward beef tips, this time served on a bed of rice. And I still have a ton of squash, so I guess that will be a side.

amidst preperations to make 2 dozen hot/buffalo wings on the grill.

Got the tail trimmed off the wings and they are soaking in salt water right now.

If I seperated the paddle from the drummet I would get stuck eating all the drummets. Thats how the wife rolls, LOL.

Going to make my own sauce from butter and Louisiana hot sauce, probably add some cayanne pepper to it to heat it up a bit.

Sides will be some tater salad (store bought) and a grilled onion. OOOhhh can't wait to eat that grilled onion.

Plenty of venting going on as well. Beer always makes everything better.

Mike,

I tried your sauce on some chicken bites the other day and after baking them with the sauce on them they were plenty hot enough. Real good taste too. Thanks for posting that receipe.

Oh and I had bonless pork steaks, mac & cheese and a salad.

Glad you liked it Gerald. I love the extra heat the cayenne adds. Some people cannot stand the hot!

I thought we were doing store bought tator salad tonight, but the wife suprised me and made some kind of pasta salad. It was served cold and tasted great. A total compliment to the heat of the chicken wings.

Best dinner I can recall making in a while.

The beer still was cold and still is plentiful!!

Guest GUTTERbOY

Tonight:

Smoked chicken quarters, drenched liberally with barbecue sauce:

1zx2v4z.jpg

And roasted rosemary new potatoes:

ff22c9.jpg

I need to do some more work on the potatoes- I kind of shot from the hip on those. Some more garlic salt, and maybe more care in tossing them in the seasoning instead of just sprinkling, ought to help them out. I might try sprinkling some parm cheese on top for the last 5-10 minutes in the oven as well.

I need to do some more work on the potatoes

From the looks of them, and maybe the pics are deceiving but they look a bit dry.

When the wife makes Rosemary potatoes there is a lot of butter or margarine involved. Might want to look at that part of it.

Tonight we had patty melts and french fries. Ooof I can feel my arterys hardening as I type. But man oh man did it taste goooD!!!! :mad:

Guest Verbal Kint
From the looks of them, and maybe the pics are deceiving but they look a bit dry.

When the wife makes Rosemary potatoes there is a lot of butter or margarine involved. Might want to look at that part of it.

+1