Tell your daughters to be careful!!!

Guest confidence

Oh I agree. And that's why I was reluctant to go in past the gates. But I drove up to her building, but parked in an open spot. I looked around before moving out into the open. I was armed and had an AR pistol in the truck. If they were gonna get me it was gonna be one hell of a shoot out.

I'm just surprised she didn't ask if she could ride with you going through the gates.... :screwy:

The reason she wanted me to drive it up is because she had her brand new Audi SUV and didn't think it would fit in the back.

I thought about warning her about the interwebs, but in the end I figured she has a father and I'm not him.
Guest confidence

I think nowadays women are made to believe they are equal in every way to men. If that were true there would be an equal number of battered women's shelters to battered men's shelters.

I agree that this is a danger of some forms of feminism. Equality is a tricky word. Both men and women of course have equal value as humans. But it is a basic unchangeable fact that most (not all) men are stronger than most (not all) women. So they are equal but do not have equal strength. Why else would we have separate men and women's sports? This is where some forms of feminism take the concept of equality to an extreme. If you think you are equal to a man in every way (including physical strength), then you may foolishly place yourself in a vulnerable situation. This is a hard pill for feminists to swallow. However, little do they realize the pill would be so much easier to swallow if they supported women being armed. The firearm is the great equalizer. If you want to be equal to a man as far as personal protection, start with arming yourself. Here we see the irony of feminists who want to be equal with men in every way but refuse to touch those "evil" guns.

Kinda like females in combat arms. They just lowered the physical standards so women could get in. If women were so equal they would be equally capable of achieving the normal standards.

Oh I agree. And that's why I was reluctant to go in past the gates. But I drove up to her building, but parked in an open spot. I looked around before moving out into the open. I was armed and had an AR pistol in the truck. If they were gonna get me it was gonna be one hell of a shoot out.

I need to show this line to my wife, actually, the whole post, but she does not understand why I carry a rifle with me.  She has no problem with it, and she carries a handgun at times.  However, she does think it is a bit silly to go as well armed as I usually travel. 

Does this rag smell like chloroform?.......

Its  funny... but it isnt.. kinda..

ah hell.. its funny.. we joke about it all the time.. but thats because we are weird like that ..

sorry..

Excuse me miss, are you going to walking to your car by yourself later? I've been checking you out all week.. :)

Guest Lester Weevils

Well, Lumber_Jack, that gal might have been more friendly and less suspicious than usual because of your personal magnetism. :)

Haha, yeah I'm sure that was it

Hi Lumber_Jack.

There is that awkward period in a man's life-- The years beginning with marriage and ending in death-- A man must be very circumspect in one's behavior to all women who do not happen to be She Who Must Be Obeyed.

However, your tale sparks ancient dim memories-- Sometimes when a cute young lass invites you in, she is just being friendly. On the other hand, sometimes she is being REAL friendly. :)

holy hell. I just got a text on my work phone from a number I don't recognize.

"saw u ad on Craigslist im interested"

am I being punked?!

Chicks have been known to post ads to exes in the gay section.
Guest uofmeet

But at the same time, you don't know anything about her. My wife is about 5'2 and a small thing. She doesn't look like much but she is also a black belt and a gun owner. I don't worry about her much, Specially if it will be a fist fight. I am pretty sure she can defend herself enough to get away. She could prob whoop my ass.

• Moderators

Chicks have been known to post ads to exes in the gay section.

I haven't had a new chick in 13 years. If my wife did something like to me though... might be time to pick up a newer model :)

If my wife did something like that to me I would have to congratulate her on her creativity and a prank well played.
Guest Emtdaddy1980

I agree that this is a danger of some forms of feminism. Equality is a tricky word. Both men and women of course have equal value as humans. But it is a basic unchangeable fact that most (not all) men are stronger than most (not all) women. So they are equal but do not have equal strength. Why else would we have separate men and women's sports? This is where some forms of feminism take the concept of equality to an extreme. If you think you are equal to a man in every way (including physical strength), then you may foolishly place yourself in a vulnerable situation. This is a hard pill for feminists to swallow. However, little do they realize the pill would be so much easier to swallow if they supported women being armed. The firearm is the great equalizer. If you want to be equal to a man as far as personal protection, start with arming yourself. Here we see the irony of feminists who want to be equal with men in every way but refuse to touch those "evil" guns.

Equality is relative, male or female there's always someone bigger and badder. That's why the Almighty gave us black powder and carbon steel.

I have said it before and repeat it often.

When meeting someone I don't know to buy or sell ANYTHING I do these things. I always speak to them on the phone and on the day of the meet I write their number on my hand with a sharpie.

I also give them my vehicle information and get theirs to put on my hand. If they won't tell me what they are driving I pass on the deal.

And then when I get to the meet location I drive past once to look them over as well as get a plate number and, you guessed it, that goes on my hand.

The meet location is never at their house or my house. It is somewhere in public unless it is something too big to hall.

And above all else if something doesn't seem or feel right walk away. There are always clues and instinct that tell you something is about to go south.

• Like 2
Guest FIST

You'd think with rampant stories on the news about rapes, abductions, and killings that girls would be especially careful.
I know first hand that they are not, however. My 16 yr old believes I'm a paranoid idiot just for wanting the front door to stay locked all the time. I guess bad things only happen to OTHER people.

My teenage daughters' thought process is mind boggling as well.
Make your daughter watch shootings on liveleak. Then take her to the dept of justice website and show her the UCR reports for your area last year.

Remember, UCR data is only *reported* crime. I bet you could multiply the number of reported rapes by 5 and have an accurate statistic. Also keep in mind this is ONLY the information *volunteered* by your local law enforcement to the Feds. You also have to take into account whether a report was classified properly or if a report was even taken

A lot of people don't even realize whats going on right around them. Even more people with young children dont even bother going online and checking for registered sex offenders on their own street.
Guest Emtdaddy1980
I thought of this thread 20 minutes ago when someone called my wife's phone regarding a craigslist add for a $20 microwave we had in the garage sale today. Who calls at that hour for a Craigslist add? Of course my wife is smart enough to have me answer ANY number she doesn't recognize on her phone. Sounded like a young Guy, innocent enough if maybe just socially clueless. The spidey sense tingled when he wanted the address so he could go ahead and GPS it tonight ............. Yeahhhhhh NO. call me tomorrow at a decent hour and ill talk you in for a meet. Like I said, probably harmless but some people just don't realize how many mental tripwires they are setting off sometimes. Just a different way of thinking I guess.