Nighthawk Tactical Shotgun

willis68

I use to have a remington 870 express hd, but never like the one I ordered last month, it will have the Vang Comp system and alot of other features, the best thing they do for the money is refinish all of the interior parts and replace the weaker ones, mine will look like this http://www.nighthawkcustom.com/NighthawkTacticalShotguns.aspx with no pistol grip, a short butt stock, the sure fire light will be mounted to the barrel, instead of the foregrip, and sniper grey finish, and tritium front site, I cant wait to get it :rolleyes:

Edited by willis68
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the purchase.

We have one very similar coming our way from Nighthawk for one of our customers.

Im still up in the air on the sanity of paying 1800.00+ (MSRP) for Nighthawk to put together an 870 from off the shelf parts....but who am I to talk; I spend 3000.00+ on junky old Army guns (1911s) :D

Congrats on the purchase.

We have one very similar coming our way from Nighthawk for one of our customers.

Im still up in the air on the sanity of paying 1800.00+ (MSRP) for Nighthawk to put together an 870 from off the shelf parts....but who am I to talk; I spend 3000.00+ on junky old Army guns (1911s) :D

Im with you Joe, it is a SICKNESS :cool: But after recieving my GRP2, they build some awesome guns!!!!

Edited by willis68
Guest bkelm18
Pardon me for being the outcast,but whats the point?

Looks to me that its nothing more then a shottie with some tactical stuff added for way to much money :biglol:

What's the point in buying any firearm? If you have the money, spend it as you wish.

What's the point in buying any firearm? If you have the money, spend it as you wish.

In all reality when you get past one longgun and one handgun your really just buyin for fun....well maybe two handguns since theres always dual wielding :biglol:....well the exception being you can write down or write off 2 firearms purchases per year in certain situations on your taxes:koolaid:

Pardon me for being the outcast,but whats the point?

Looks to me that its nothing more then a shottie with some tactical stuff added for way to much money :P

some drive Ford, some drive Chevy, but if you can afford a Benz why not buy one.?.?.?.?;)

Gentlemen, lets look at it this way,

Remington 870( lets face it the best most reliable Pump shotgun in america) $350.00

Vang Comp system $350.00

Sure Fire Light and Small picitanny rail $150.00

Houge accesories $100.00

Tritium Front site $45.00

LPA fully adjustable Ghost Ring rear sight $75.00

Permacoat Sniper Grey coating $350.00

Hand finishing if you have ever seen the internal parts of the 870, they are finished Extremely poorly (all internal parts of the Remington 870)lets say $200

Aluminum Bilet Slug holder 4 Rounds $45.00

Total price $1665.00

All of this put together into one badass Remington 870 Customized and tweeked to perfection Home protection shotgun by Nighthawk Tactical and shipped to me, My cost $1500.00, My dealer gave me over $380.00 off the price of this Shotgun, (good customer discount) I am quite happy about the money I am spending on it thank you very much. :)

Edited by willis68
Guest Grizzly Johnson
Gentlemen, lets look at it this way,

Remington 870( lets face it the best most reliable Pump shotgun in america) $350.00

:)

For that money you should have gotten the supermag!! I like mine equipped with the pistol grip stock I added for turkey hunting.

Congrats on your gun, very nice!!

I'm not doubting your choice of a firearm(although I dont get it) but...

Remington 870( lets face it the best most reliable Pump shotgun in america

have ever seen the internal parts of the 870, they are finished Extremely poorly

Thats oxymoronic

Finishing of the internal parts has absolutely nothing to do with reliability, It has alot to do with how smooth the action cycles, I compared my Remington 870 HD to a Wilson Combat Scattergun, the difference in the action was night and day, this has nothing to do with reliability, just smooth function of all parts, that is what I was trying to explain anyway, to each their own, I like that kind of stuff :popcorn:

Actually the difference between an 870 Express and a 870 Wingmaster is pretty significant.A used Wingmaster is what I will use for my next shotgun build.