Hi-Point Pistols

BigPoppa

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest unreconstructed1
I'm sure "unreconstructed" will chime in momentarily on how awesome his electric drill is....;)

now that you mention it, besides a dozen or so jams in the first 100 rounds through, my Hi point has performed flawlessly. say what you want about them, but it will put lead where I point it, every time.

I had a Hi-Point C9 (9mm) once, and it was a fine firearm, for what it is. You can buy one for about $150.00. It shoots as accurately as just about any other semi-auto pistol. It is not over-weight. (I admit the .45 DOES look like a cordless drill!) It comes with a life-time no questions asked warranty. There's a Hi-Point forum of enthusiastic firearm owners, who also own GLOCKS and Kimbers. Just dont' use it for what it is not meant to be. It is not meant to be a ccw pocket gun. It is a trunk gun, a glove compartment gun, a fishing gun, a bed-side table gun and a range gun. Love it for what it is, at a very affordable price. Here's a lot of pix and my review:

http://www.mouseguns.com/hipoint/myhpc9.htm

Edited by mousegunner
added link to review
Guest sermon8r

Robbed from another TGO Post

The rare and elusive CWP badge! Caught on film!

This guy was next to me in line at wal-mart with about 5 family members. All dressed third rate redneck, but buying a pool and a HUGE flat panel HDTV. This clown turns around and low and behold...a Hi-Point 9mm in an Uncle Mike's special with his CWP badge hanging from his pocket.

I have to be honest. I laughed out loud. ;)

48685E9F000E386F000054CF2216566276C.jpg

"Molon Labe" Come and get them! :):(

Freedom, always a good decision!

Guest unreconstructed1

comment deleted by me.

Edited by unreconstructed1
edited to clarify that the post wasn't deleted due to any TOS violations, I chose to delete it because it wasn't relevant
Guest rufusgooch

Those of you who laugh at hi point pistols have never even seen one. They say a glock looks like a brick; a hi point is the brick. I paid 120.00 for my c9 at a pawn shop (new). At 15 yrds it shoots 5in groups. I own a beretta 90-2, and a 9000. I have a ruger single six; and a lcp, A bersa 380 cc and a ultra compact 9mm 10+1. I trust any of these guns with my life. My c9 is my boat gun; But under 15 yrds ill put up agianst any gun you want to shoot.

Those of you who laugh at hi point pistols have never even seen one. They say a glock looks like a brick; a hi point is the brick. I paid 120.00 for my c9 at a pawn shop (new). At 15 yrds it shoots 5in groups. I own a beretta 90-2, and a 9000. I have a ruger single six; and a lcp, A bersa 380 cc and a ultra compact 9mm 10+1. I trust any of these guns with my life. My c9 is my boat gun; But under 15 yrds ill put up agianst any gun you want to shoot.

In all honesty I agree they are good guns, they are just uglier than sin,

Guest gcrookston

It sounds like it does what it was intended for. I will not comment further on the grounds that I may incriminate myself. And I'm a crappy shot, I would really, really suck with one of these

Guest Brian@GunDepot

I might add, Hi Point has some of the best warranty and customer service in the industry. They'll warranty the gun no matter how many owners it passes through, and in the rare case it does need service, they'll send 2 free mags back with it to cover your shipping $ expenses.

It has been said... it is a brick, but it goes bang everytime you pull the trigger. For the price and fun factor.... I can forgive its weight and appearance. :cool::stir:

Guest gcrookston
I might add, Hi Point has some of the best warranty and customer service in the industry. They'll warranty the gun no matter how many owners it passes through, and in the rare case it does need service, they'll send 2 free mags back with it to cover your shipping $ expenses.

It has been said... it is a brick, but it goes bang everytime you pull the trigger. For the price and fun factor.... I can forgive its weight and appearance. :cool::stir:

Have you read the Warranty on the $2,400-2,900 Nighthawk? Basically, it says: "We have no warrenty, express or implied as the to the merchantability, suitability for fitness for any purpose, express or implied. There exist too many state laws to offer a warrenty of any kind. Thanks, sucker, for buying this really over priced gun. call us if you need something by way of broken parts or catastrophic failures and we just might get back to you... thanks for the heads up, leave a message at the beep."

Have you read the Warranty on the $2,400-2,900 Nighthawk? Basically, it says: "We have no warrenty, express or implied as the to the merchantability, suitability for fitness for any purpose, express or implied. There exist too many state laws to offer a warrenty of any kind. Thanks, sucker, for buying this really over priced gun. call us if you need something by way of broken parts or catastrophic failures and we just might get back to you... thanks for the heads up, leave a message at the beep."

Yeah, that Nighthawk of yours is a POS....you should really think about trading it to me :cool:

Guest gcrookston
Yeah, that Nighthawk of yours is a POS....you should really think about trading it to me :)

Joe, I'll need at least 2 high-points for it and maybe an extra mag for each :cool::D:D

I'm taking it shooting today for the first time. I have to see if the extra $1,312.89 over my Lorcin and Jennings justifies the neat-o nylon carrying case and bumper sticker...

But I did find the warranty offered by Nighthawk interesting. Reminded me of the warranty I got on my first HK93 (None). The store I bought it from back in 1982 said "Warranty? They don't need no friggin' warranty! It won't break and should it break it will be because of something stupid you did." In 2004 the extractor retaining spring broke and I lost the extractor. I called HK for a replacement... 22 years after purchase they sent me the parts at no charge, after offering me the opportunity to ship the rifle to them for repair.

Edited by gcrookston

Warranties on High End 1911's are virtually non existent, that does not mean that they do not stand up and support their products, a friend of mine bought a second hand Ed Brown, that had been Tweeked by an incompetent gunsmith, the sights were ruined and POI, POA were non existent, the Bluing on the pistol wes scratched up and the pistol looked like crap, he sent the pistol to them paid for shipping, and 3 weeks later he received his Executive Elite on his door step, in excellent condition, the gun looked and cycled perfect and the pistol was re blued and sighted in, it was virtually brand new, I will take this NO warranty service anytime, Nighthawk, Wilson, Les Baer, Brown all will stand behind their products, I have been fortunate enough to not need any work :cool:

Edited by willis68