Laser Grips for XD Sub... Good Idea??

Guest sysco462

Guest sysco462

Do you all recommend buying some CT Laser Grips for my XD Sub? I have read the pros and heard the cons, but I am still on the fence (leaning more towards buying them). Is there anywhere to find used accessories, like laser grips, that I am not aware of either online or a store? I would rather get a used set than spend $225 for new.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I would definitely try to hunt some used or demo units...you might want to contact some of our vendors to see if they might have some on a used gun that they would swap off with your stock grips and sell you.

Another thing to think about when putting on those grips is if it will make the gun width too thick for your purposes.

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
info
Guest Verbal Kint

Honestly... I'd stick that money in range time and ammo. You'll get much better results, IMO.

I'm not a fan of lasers (even after having owned a laser/light combo on an HK P2000sk). Rather than tell you why I don't like them, or possibly restate the cons that you've already heard, let me ask you this...

Why do you think you need/want one?

Edited by Verbal Kint
Honestly... I'd stick that money in range time and ammo. You'll get much better results, IMO.

I'm not a fan of lasers (even after having owned a laser/light combo on an HK P200sk). Rather than tell you why I don't like them, or possibly restate the cons that you've already heard, let me ask you this...

Why do you think you need/want one?

+1

i'm guessing you carry that subby? you're going to pull it and shoot it if you ever need it, so go to the range and practice, practice, practice! ;) i'm guessing that the laser on the sub would be more accurate than the pistol anyway. i'm not accurate with mine past 20yrds. fun little gun to shoot though!

Guest Brian@GunDepot

I'm not a fan of lasers because they are so hard to see in the day time. The green lasers are way to expensive still.... :(

I say spend that money on practice, range time.... or buy another gun and 'play' with that. :);)

Guest AeroEngrSoftDevMBA

If you are in Memphis or Chattanooga run over to Sportman's Warehouse and pick up their free publication "Sportman's News". You want the Aug 08 issue, Vol4, Issue8. I was just flipping through it and their is an article about the pros and cons of lasers. The pub is free BTW.

Guest abailey362

The only thing I keep a light/laser on is my bes side gun. should make it a lot easier if I have to use it in the middle of the night after being woken up.

I think that constant use of an aiming aid will deteriorate good shooting habits.

Guest GUTTERbOY

I think I'd be more inclined to get an internal guide rod laser than wrap something around the grips of an XD. Seems like the laser grips would work better for a pistol that actually has replaceable grips...

Guest sysco462

Sorry it has taken me a while to respond. I am interested in the laser grips for my XD sc for use at night in my home if I have an intruder. I agree the laser on a bg's chest may cause him to rethink what he is doing. Is the X2 light/laser any count? I know it is a little cheaper.

Putting a light on it will make it hard to get into a holster.

Not if it is made for a light.

I would go for the light/laser combo if you just have to have a laser. Every one I have ever seen at the range looked like the laser was jumping all over the place and pretty inacurate. Waking up in the middle of the night, I can't see how you'd be steady enough to be any good. Of course with the dot jumping all around, the BG may think there is more than one gun on him!:D