New 1000 yard gun range in Chapel hill.

I'm sure the Barrett Factory guys will stop going to Terry's and start going to CH.
JC did you find out if they allow full auto at that range?
I mentioned it to my Buddy who also has an 82A1 and a MRAD and he is interested but only if they allow FA at that range.
I'd love to compare his BORS, to a chart I got off Barrett's web-site for ranging.

NFA friendly, is what I was told.

Not that I have any, but that's a plus. GGC doesn't allow them, but the fees are a 2/3 cheaper.

$150*500 members=$75,000. If you include the $50 fee it's $100,000.

I'd say he's doing just fine. Once he pays off the initial building cost he's going to be making a pretty good profit I imagine. Good for him, seems like a smart business plan.

I wonder how much his insurance is?

$100K would not even come close to buy enough land to have a 1,000 yard range.

• Like 1

I'm thinking the spread will muddy the test. .224 SMK's are cheap. I would run the tracking test with a tack driver, and make spread a different test. If you're getting a 1+ MOA spread on that PMC stuff, you're gonna have to do a lot of averaging. 

I was thinking of the Hornady AMAX 50 BMG. Surly that stuff doesn't have the spread like ball ammo.

$150*500 members=$75,000. If you include the $50 fee it's $100,000.

I'd say he's doing just fine. Once he pays off the initial building cost he's going to be making a pretty good profit I imagine. Good for him, seems like a smart business plan.

I wonder how much his insurance is?

He is not getting all the fees as 100% profit in his bank account.

Some goes to TN sales tax, TN property tax, some goes to keep the range maintained, equipment, insurance, employee fees (he mentioned he has a secretary and there was another guy working doing memberships), that $50 application is for the time to do background checks, etc.

Then, he is not getting the full membership fee out of the 500 members.

Seniors and vets get $25 off. Family members of head of household get in for $25 + $50 application fee.

Because all the father and son memberships, I bet that cuts down on his revenue a lot.

Anyway, go check the place out. I think you'll find this range is worth it.

I'm sure the Barrett Factory guys will stop going to Terry's and start going to CH.

JC did you find out if they allow full auto at that range?

I mentioned it to my Buddy who also has an 82A1 and a MRAD and he is interested but only if they allow FA at that range.

I'd love to compare his BORS, to a chart I got off Barrett's web-site for ranging.

In all the hustle testing the 50, doing membership and safety, I forgot to ask. Sorry. :meh:

I'll ask when I get back down there. :up:

• 2 weeks later...