SIG SP2022 or Glock 27?

Andyshowfan

First and foremost I'm not fishing for any offers. I have a guy already willing to trade on another site, however I trust y'alls opinions and I try to research everything about anything I'm about to acquire so here goes. I have a 2yr old SIG SP2022 in .40cal I am fancying a Glock 27 Gen 3 that is 3yr old. I am issued a Glock 23 as my duty weapon and wanted a back up that is functionally the same, but I am strapped for cash so trading is my only way to go. The gentleman that has the glock is a stand up guy and the weapon has had trigger work, comes w/3 mags and an ankle holster. I'm offering my sig w/ 1 mag, hard case, lock, paperwork and a paddle holster even. What is your opinion on the trade? I love my SIG but its hard to carry in the summertime.

On the face of it, sounds like a more than fair trade for you, at least to me. I think you've pretty much covered all the essential points on both sides here. But just to play devil's advocate; I personally would keep the Sig as I'm not a fan of the G26/27 subcompacts. No reason other than the size.

But if you want/need a duty backup; it doesn't seem like anything but a win to me. JMO.

• Like 1

As my wife points out I research things to death. I'm not a Glock person and for that I am researching the he** out of it. I like the fact that in a SHTF moment I can use my 23 mags in the 27 that is unless I mis-read something. That is a big plus factor in my decision 

The longer Glock mags will work. I have never heard of a single incident where someone needed more ammo for their BUG, I do see where it could happen. Just by having a BUG you are better prepared than half of all other officers. Get a BUG you will carry and one that you shoot well. I am a huge baby Glock fan, I shoot them as well or better than the larger Glocks.

Another reason to trade for the g27 in your case is that most all the parts will work in each pistol.

Other than the slide the barrel and recoil springs. All the other parts like the trigger, firing pin, mag release, slide release, extractor etc are the SAME.

To you pretty much have a spare parts gun. Or you can just keep fewer spare parts since you pretty much have the same gun.

And if you wanted to you can even use the g23 barrel in the g27. 

First and foremost I'm not fishing for any offers. I have a guy already willing to trade on another site, however I trust y'alls opinions and I try to research everything about anything I'm about to acquire so here goes. I have a 2yr old SIG SP2022 in .40cal I am fancying a Glock 27 Gen 3 that is 3yr old. I am issued a Glock 23 as my duty weapon and wanted a back up that is functionally the same, but I am strapped for cash so trading is my only way to go. The gentleman that has the glock is a stand up guy and the weapon has had trigger work, comes w/3 mags and an ankle holster. I'm offering my sig w/ 1 mag, hard case, lock, paperwork and a paddle holster even. What is your opinion on the trade? I love my SIG but its hard to carry in the summertime.

DO IT ! Th Glock is so much easier to detail strip and repair or just do anything with. Parts can be found lots of places too. To me  the Sig just has too many parts. I say do it quick.

Edited by tercel89