Xbox Gold members.

Tncobra

• Moderators

I saw that, I couldn't decide if the game was worth it though.

Ever since I bought Minecraft my daughter hasn't let me touch the XBOX again.

Yeah, at first I was quite impressed they are giving a few away, but that particular one didn't catch my eye enough. Also, my brother went through (and partially still is) a huge Minecraft stage a few months back.

I bought State of Decay, which was the first arcade game I bought after years of having XBOX Live Gold. SoD was freaking awesome, and it led me to realize that maybe some of the Arcade Games might be good. My daughter convinced me to get Minecraft, but after that, I am not sure what else is left in life. Mine, and craft. Forever.

Yes they are giving free one away leading up the the xbox one launch. Fable was the first free one.

Yes minecraft is what i play when i play video games. I built a walmart, gas station, mcdonalds, chucky cheese and a sky scrapper to the clouds.
  • Moderators

If you have never tried it, Braid is worth every penny. I played in on the PC when I caught it on a Steam Sale, but it is available on the 360 for a few bucks. Give it a chance, you'll be hooked I assure you. They used to have a 360 Demo, they still may.

100% recommended.

• Moderators

Yep, I've gotten about 5 free games since MS screwed up and told the world of their manical devious plots; 

You mean the (potentially) successful implementation of a completely voluntary telescreen in most American's homes? Hold on, I will be back after our daily two minutes hate.

You mean the (potentially) successful implementation of a completely voluntary telescreen in most American's homes? Hold on, I will be back after our daily two minutes hate.

Not sure if I follow as I have the dumb... Are refering to the Kinect system? Also, two minutes of hate? :shrug:

Edited by whitewolf001
  • Moderators

They announced the Kinect isn't required a few days ago I think, and mandatory internet went away a while ago.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

That's great! I pretty much decided not to buy one when I heard about those things and didn't do any additional reading, but who knows? Maybe one is in my future after all?

frabz-I-can-not-brain-today-I-have-the-d

My wife loves that. And yes, I was referring to integrated Kinect system and the mandatory internet connection. As far as all the hating, check here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Minutes_Hate

OKAY, makes tons more sense now, haha! Yes, so that the system may monitor EVERYTHING that we do and say. That's why I'm going PS4, not that they can't already do that with cells but I'd rather just not have ANOTHER device enabling them and their douchebaggery.

They announced the Kinect isn't required a few days ago I think, and mandatory internet went away a while ago.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

I might get one in the future when it's not so fresh on my mind that they tried to screw us all. Until then I'll just get Titanfall for 360 and the rest of my gameage for my preordered PS4.

I hope they can split the fanbase up. Let us always connected players have cheaper downloads, more features and cheaper xbl. Let the people who dont like change keep paying retail with no new features like the family share plan. Thats the best way to make people switch.

I hope they can split the fanbase up. Let us always connected players have cheaper downloads, more features and cheaper xbl. Let the people who dont like change keep paying retail with no new features like the family share plan. Thats the best way to make people switch.

And what of soldiers on deployment, "get @#$%ED"?

I wanted the required internet. We lost some awesome features cause they removed it. Im ready for the future. Tired of todays gaming options.

Every deployment I went on included xbox 360's for entertainment. When your on a ship or out in some deseet shit hole, there is no internet. So I guess the military guys would just have to suck it up, since they couldn't be included in "the future" of gamiing. And I still know plenty of people, my parents, sisters, and most of fhe people in the area I grew up in, that don't have internet. I guess they don't deserve playing video games either?

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

• Like 2

Every deployment I went on included xbox 360's for entertainment. When your on a ship or out in some deseet #### hole, there is no internet. So I guess the military guys would just have to suck it up, since they couldn't be included in "the future" of gamiing. And I still know plenty of people, my parents, sisters, and most of fhe people in the area I grew up in, that don't have internet. I guess they don't deserve playing video games either?

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

My point EXACTLY. If someone doesn't have internet access and not because of money but location, they don't have a choice now do they?

The Kinect requirement, Mandatory Internet and no used games are all gone.

It was as stupid move that would have killed the industry. They realized that.

They've already back pedaled on this, realizing how quickly people were turned off. Now Kinect will come with it but be "optional".

I won't ever see any of these free games because my xbox red ringed. I refused to pay $100 to get my relatively new Xbox repaired just to have it red ring again. I refused to buy another one because I only needed a 20gb hard drive but the newer nicer xbox only had 4gb.... so I would have had to pay for the 250gb version for ANOTHER $100 OVER THE ORIGINAL PRICE.

Microsoft, I present you my middle finger. Good day to you.

They've already back pedaled on this, realizing how quickly people were turned off. Now Kinect will come with it but be "optional".

I won't ever see any of these free games because my xbox red ringed. I refused to pay $100 to get my relatively new Xbox repaired just to have it red ring again. I refused to buy another one because I only needed a 20gb hard drive but the newer nicer xbox only had 4gb.... so I would have had to pay for the 250gb version for ANOTHER $100 OVER THE ORIGINAL PRICE.

Microsoft, I present you my middle finger. Good day to you.

That's actually why I bought a used 250 model, lol. I now have about 8 games downloaded, 5 of which were free. Thanks again Micro****, heh heh. :dirty:

I think Microsoft realized they messed up when the majority of gamers exploded the internet with their complaints, that and when the PS4 day 1 preorders sold out in a day or so and Xbox One day 1 version was available for at least a month; it's all about the $$$.  Let's be honest, Sony is spotless either.  They just listened to the gamers this time.

They are trying to push it as an entertainment console, and they turned a blind eye to a large portion of the gaming community.  The ignorant comments from Microsoft, like the one from Don Mattrick that "fortunately we have a product for people who aren’t able to get some form of connectivity, it’s called Xbox 360" was the last straw for me.  The downloadable / installing the games locally could have been great, but instead of "hey we understand, if you don't have internet, you have to have the game disc in the console", they decided to give every person in the military and no internet zones the middle finger.

• Like 1