Almost time to slang some arrows

Yeah that's my dilemma also. I want a new one so bad but even used $700-900. I'm happy with my bow right now and it can still outshoot me. I might pick up a new one in 3 to 5 years. I've had mine for 3 months and I haven't shot a gun since then Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2 Edited by Mdunntn

This is my 3rd year with the Alpine Archery Rebel. I told myself there was no way I was spending more money until I killed a deer with it. Now that I finally did, I will buy a new one. But next year, I'm going to keep going with this one for  the remainder of the year. It's been fun, stressful, hard, and totally worth all it takes to learn what bow hunters go through. That being said, there is nothing like that RUSH! :rock:

This is my 3rd year with the Alpine Archery Rebel. I told myself there was no way I was spending more money until I killed a deer with it. Now that I finally did, I will buy a new one. But next year, I'm going to keep going with this one for  the remainder of the year. It's been fun, stressful, hard, and totally worth all it takes to learn what bow hunters go through. That being said, there is nothing like that RUSH! :rock:

Best thing to do with your old bow: re commission it into a bow fishing rig! $120 will get you the muzzy fish hook rest and a good retriever set up. Not as exciting as sticking a deer, but man it's fun. Just remember not to aim low once your back in the woods!
  • Like 1

At first glance, it's hard for me to imagine spending that kind of money on a bow. But now that I know I'm addicted, I just look at it as buying another rifle. I also will not be buying the newest, updated version everytime one comes out, so if I buy the one I really want it will last me for a LONG time! I've already got a jar in my room set aside just for bow money. It will be fun shopping next year.

Oh you talk big now, but just wait... LOL you will be upgrading faster then they can release new models. :)

I finally settled in on the same bow for the past 5 years. Don't see enough change to buy another yet.

Yup.
  • Like 1

Oh you talk big now, but just wait... LOL you will be upgrading faster then they can release new models. :)

I finally settled in on the same bow for the past 5 years. Don't see enough change to buy another yet.

Yup.

Lol well you know better than me it seems, so let me rephrase:
"I, Rugerla1, do solemnly swear to not swear that I won't buy new updated versions as they come out." :lol:
Yep, I'm sure you are correct though. Edited by rugerla1
Well Ruger I believe our luck is the same. I stuck one yesterday evening. Complete pass thru on the arrow. Good blood, let me rephrase that, good blood for over 300 yards, 2 fences, and into the river off a 15' bluff....I'm pretty sure the deer said F off, you're not eating me!

Got it in go pro cam, shot her on the edge of the field, she takes off and I thought sweet the river will stop her...not so much this time. A first for me for sure

Well Ruger I believe our luck is the same. I stuck one yesterday evening. Complete pass thru on the arrow. Good blood, let me rephrase that, good blood for over 300 yards, 2 fences, and into the river off a 15' bluff....I'm pretty sure the deer said F off, you're not eating me!
Got it in go pro cam, shot her on the edge of the field, she takes off and I thought sweet the river will stop her...not so much this time. A first for me for sure

Oh no man!!!! That really sucks, especially having the blood trail to follow and then river. She didn't double back where the blood led to the river did she? Edited by rugerla1

Were you using a Rage also?

Oh no man!!!! That really sucks, especially having the blood trail to follow and then river. She didn't double back where the blood led to the river did she?

No the blood stopped literally an inch from the edge of the bluff. And I was shooting a satellite this time

No the blood stopped literally an inch from the edge of the bluff. And I was shooting a satellite this time

Not that I didn't figure that you'd already thought if that, I was sure you did. Just trying to hold out some kind of hope for your deer, since I'm up to 11 hours now of searching for mine and still no luck. Hopefully we'll have better luck tomorrow, you going out in the morning?

Hey guys, who all is going out in the morning?!?! I'm pumped up and ready to go :rock:
I want to wish each and every one of you good luck. Tomorrow its supposed to be warm but unless I kill in the morning, I'm going to try another all day'r again. Its supposed to rain Sunday but hoping I can still get the a.m. hunt in, maybe the front coming in will have the deer on the move.

Hey guys, who all is going out in the morning?!?! I'm pumped up and ready to go :rock:
I want to wish each and every one of you good luck. Tomorrow its supposed to be warm but unless I kill in the morning, I'm going to try another all day'r again. Its supposed to rain Sunday but hoping I can still get the a.m. hunt in, maybe the front coming in will have the deer on the move.

I hate hunting in the rain, but I have seen more deer movement just after a long hard rain, than just about any other time. Those all night rains that end just before day break make for exciting mornings.

• Like 1

I had too many projects to wrap up around the house today while the weather is still hot. I wanted to be out there, but I would have been sweating in my stand anyway. I'm hoping for some cooler temps next weekend.

I was having flashbacks today from last bow season Batman. This morning wasn't "hot" but muggy/sticky, then about noon, it started getting rough. If I'd killed something, it would have made it worth it. But since I didn't, "WHEW!". I'm not gonna complain too much, "A day in the woods is...." comes to mind, so I'll just say that I hope it's cooler in the morning. Since that rain is moving in noonish, maybe it will feel better out there.

• Like 1
Glad I was too tired to get up this morning. Wife said it was pouring when she woke up, which would have been about the time I'd have been able to see in the woods. Its pouring hard here in Smyrna now too. Guess I'm dine for the weekend unless it moves on out, then I will run out for a short evening hunt.
I opened the door at a little after 5, and the cool air hit me in the face. I screamed "&#++#?!? when did them temp drop!?!?" My wife said "Just go, you know you want to". Lol Well clear in Smyrna, did not mean clear in Mt Juliet! Got up there and it was still raining. Oh well, I'd drove up, and I was hunting for that last 30 minutes. It just stopped raining when the light went away and I was walking to the truck. Oh well. Wish I was going in the morning though! Good luck, they should be moving.