App for finding ammo at Wal-mart

Now, I have been told there is an app on Apple that alerts the user of any new ammo at any wal-mart, That is right after it is unloaded and processed into the system.

A co-worker of mine told me that the App lets the user know where ammo can be found 20 minutes after it is processed. Thing is, our ammo ( handgun) seems to sell within minutes of it reaching the sales floor.

So in other words, some people are still screwed on the ammo issue, even with the help.

I looked for an app on Google( since i have an Android) and no luck.

20 minutes is not enough time to beat the ammo buyers that get inside info from a wal mart worker.  i still see the guys hanging out at the ammo counter waiting for the stock room boy to bring the new ammo out.  i hope they get stuck with this ammo and have to sale it at a lost later. 

I was at Academy Sports in Smyrna yesterday and talking with the guy working the gun counter. He said the same 4 or 5 guys show up and buy the ammo when the store opens. They are out of .22LR about 30 minutes after they open. He seen the same guys at the gun show trying to sell it. Pure greed on their part.

Sorry for the thread drift, just venting. :rant:

Edited by EMB145

I was at Academy Sports in Smyrna yesterday and talking with the guy working the gun counter. He said the same 4 or 5 guys show up and buy the ammo when the store opens. They are out of .22LR about 30 minutes after they open. He seen the same guys at the gun show trying to sell it. Pure greed on their part.

Sorry for the thread drift, just venting. :rant:

If people would stop buying from the resellers at gun shows, the problem will solve itself.  I waited for months to buy 9mm and 223 because I didn't want to pay inflated prices.  This week I found cases of each at reasonable prices in GA. 

i really don't see any difference in people who wait in the store for the ammo to be put out and people who watch an app so they can run out and buy the ammo up 20 minutes after its put on the shelve. smacks of greed either way to my way of looking at it. if people would just buy what ammo they need when they need it this ammo issue would clear in a matter of days.

Edited by glock55

i really don't see any difference in people who wait in the store for the ammo to be put out and people who watch an app so they can run out and buy the ammo up 20 minutes after its put on the shelve. smacks of greed either way to my way of looking at it. if people would just buy what ammo they need when they need it this ammo issue would clear in a matter of days.

If people could just buy ammo they need when they need it there would be no need for any of this.

• Like 1

The thing is, I haven't found the app yet. I don't think it is on apple store though. Usually the ammo is gone before the app is notified anyways. And we don't let anyone get at it before it reaches the sporting goods counter. If someone is buying ammo and the register back there is closed( after 10 p.m.) a wal-mart associate will walk the ammo to the front register and let the cashier hold it for the customers.