Mrs. Ted Nugent Arrested With Gun At Airport

I simply can't fathom someone not knowing where all their firearms are at any given time. This sort of 'honest mistake' is merely carelessness.

And no, not everyone here would make this lame-brained mistake.

• Like 13

Sad day for her. Hope it turns out ok. 

In a perfect world, the situation should be handled this way:

TSA: Sir/Mam, did you realize there is a weapon in your luggage?

Passenger: No sir I didn't.  I am the legal owner of the weapon and have my CCW-permit for it.  I would be happy to show it to you.

TSA: Thank you.  I appreciate it.  Since you haven't passed security yet, I will give you the option to a.) be arrested or b.) take your luggage back and secure the weapon either in your car, or by giving it to a family member; and come back through the security checkpoint when you do not have the weapon with you. 

Passenger: Thank you sir.

I don't see the need to arrest someone over a mistake like this.  If they wanted to shoot up the airplane, I doubt they would go secure the firearm willingly. 

• Like 6
Guest 6.8 AR

I'm sure you meant "in a reasonable world".

Whether or not it is a reasonable mistake or just dumb, the punishment doesn't usually fit the crime, in this case. I

seriously doubt anyone in this country conspires to take a weapon on board an airplane to shoot anyone. We have

gone into the abyss with this kind of "security".

I simply can't fathom someone not knowing where all their firearms are at any given time. This sort of 'honest mistake' is merely carelessness.

Fathom it or not, it happens frequently; call it carelessness or whatever, there is a difference between a mistake and an conscious decision to flaunt the law.

And yes, while not everyone here would  or ever will make such a mistake everyone her could whether they think so or not. Anyone who thinks they can't make such a stupid mistake I'd like to see a show of hands of all who have ever sat down on the toilet to do their business and only then realized that there was no toilet paper.

• Like 4
Guest 6.8 AR

Criticizing one can be difficult, sometimes, when we know all kinds of thing go into play. It's not whether or not we

know where our guns are, but stupid laws that can trip anyone up. and for what reason? Our safety?

It's the Nuge. People like dumping on people like them. I don't disagree with you, at all, Crimson, but I, too, have

made mistakes. I will freely admit my fallibility as a human. This law can make you and I a criminal, like so many

others. Of course, I don't fly, if I can help it.

I'm really going to hate going to Germany to see my son. At least the beer is great, I hear.

Criticizing one can be difficult, sometimes, when we know all kinds of thing go into play. It's not whether or not we
know where our guns are, but stupid laws that can trip anyone up. and for what reason? Our safety?

It's the Nuge. People like dumping on people like them. I don't disagree with you, at all, Crimson, but I, too, have
made mistakes. I will freely admit my fallibility as a human. This law can make you and I a criminal, like so many
others. Of course, I don't fly, if I can help it.

I'm really going to hate going to Germany to see my son. At least the beer is great, I hear.

I've seen plenty of pictures of pretty women holding good beer from Germany. So maybe you got 3 things to look forward too? Son, beer, and foreign women?
  • Like 1

I am 70 years old and yes, forgetful. I can assure you however, that I know where every one of the 30+ guns I own are located and whether they are loaded or not.  I have never "misplaced" a gun in a place where it is not supposed to be. I spent 30 years on active duty in the USMC and a lifetime with shotguns and rifles. I respect the fact that they are dangerous if mishandled and maintain control of them at all times. To do otherwise is careless and disrespectful of others' rights. Everybody that carries should  know only too well the laws involved and if they don't they need to spend some time learning those laws. This wasn't a mistake, it was a flagrant disregard for the law or very negligent behavior, either of which is a violation of the law. 

The Second Amendment and our HCP's do not  make us "special" they make us personally responsible for what we do with our weapons.

This woman is not a "victim of the establishment", she has broken the law and the consequences will follow. Being she enjoys celebrity status and is wealthy , I doubt very much that the consequences will be all that severe.

Guest 6.8 AR

I've seen plenty of pictures of pretty women holding good beer from Germany. So maybe you got 3 things to look forward too? Son, beer, and foreign women?

That's definitely a plus! I've seen some of those pictures, also. :D

Between my figuring out the nuances of his doctoral thesis(nanolithography being used somehow :confused: ), I plan on finding good food

and bier. I will probably be on a leash after the first round of bier, though.Frau-Markt-weiblich-Bier-Ausschnitt-Okto

I guess you mean like this? :D

My OPINION -

Call me a skeptic, but no way this was a mistake or accident.  These folks know the stakes, and they know the system. 

This will be very interesting to watch, and will be groundshaking.  Tons of political power posturing will take place.

This was a crossing of the line drawn in the sand.

Edited by R_Bert

My OPINION -

Call me a skeptic, but no way this was a mistake or accident.  These folks know the stakes, and they know the system. 

This will be very interesting to watch, and will be groundshaking.  Tons of political power posturing will take place.

This was a crossing of the line drawn in the sand.

We'll see. Even the most mentally defective, card carrying Brady Bunch member couldn't honestly believe that she was out to hijack a plane. It will cost them some money.

That's definitely a plus! I've seen some of those pictures, also. :D

Between my figuring out the nuances of his doctoral thesis(nanolithography being used somehow :confused: ), I plan on finding good food
and bier. I will probably be on a leash after the first round of bier, though.Posted Image
I guess you mean like this? :D

Bewbs.
  • Like 2

Fathom it or not, it happens frequently; call it carelessness or whatever, there is a difference between a mistake and an conscious decision to flaunt the law.

Oh, i'm certain this was an accident. It's just insane to me that anyone is that careless with their firearms.

And carelessness is how this happened.

And yes, while not everyone here would  or ever will make such a mistake everyone her could whether they think so or not.

I can absolutely say that will never happen to me, as long as I am of sound mind.

Anyone who thinks they can't make such a stupid mistake I'd like to see a show of hands of all who have ever sat down on the toilet to do their business and only then realized that there was no toilet paper.

If sitting on the commode without TP could result in unwanted injury or death then I imagine I'd get into that habit as well.

Otherwise the comparison is as silly as her apparent attitude regarding firearm safety.
  • Like 3

Oh, i'm certain this was an accident. It's just insane to me that anyone is that careless with their firearms.And carelessness is how this happened. I can absolutely say that will never happen to me, as long as I am of sound mind. If sitting on the commode without TP could result in unwanted injury or death then I imagine I'd get into that habit as well.Otherwise the comparison is as silly as her apparent attitude regarding firearm safety.

I opine that it is rooted in veiled civil disobedience. Perfect person for a test/cause case. I do not believe that she is that careless.
Guest Lester Weevils

I opine that it is rooted in veiled civil disobedience. Perfect person for a test/cause case. I do not believe that she is that careless.

That might be true, interesting to see how it plays out. If this is intentional, would it be unfair to say that this ploy was ripped out of the Voldemort Playbook? :)

Here is another report with more information:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/08/29/5119749/wife-of-rock-guitarist-ted-nugent.html

“She is very embarrassed,” Finn said. She wanted to apologize to authorities and to any passengers who might have been inconvenienced, he said.
“It was an honest mistake,” Finn said. “I don’t want to minimize it and make it sound like it’s no big deal, especially after 9-11.
“She gets that, and Ted gets that.”
Finn said he has represented clients in similar cases, including Judith Kenney, an attorney from Addison who, in January 2012, went through a security checkpoint at DFW with a .38-caliber revolver in a carry-on bag.
He said Kenney, like Shemane Nugent, forgot the gun was in her bag. A grand jury declined to indict her on a charge of taking a gun into a prohibited place.
To win a conviction on that charge, prosecutors must prove the defendant carried the gun into the airport in an intentional or reckless manner, said Finn, a former prosecutor and trial judge.
The TSA reported in July that for the first six months of this year, screeners found 894 guns on passengers or in their carry-on bags nationwide, which was up about 30 percent from the same period last year.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/08/29/5119749/wife-of-rock-guitarist-ted-nugent.html#storylink=cpy

And yes, while not everyone here would  or ever will make such a mistake everyone her could whether they think so or not. Anyone who thinks they can't make such a stupid mistake I'd like to see a show of hands of all who have ever sat down on the toilet to do their business and only then realized that there was no toilet paper.

I always look for paper first. I've been caught with my "pants down" before with no paper. No pun intended! Not a good comparison Robert!

DaveS

Crack'a American

Edited by DaveS

I always look for paper first. I've been caught with my "pants down" before with no paper. No pun intended! Not a good comparison Robert!

DaveS
Crack'a American

Oh I think it's an excellent comparison! ;)

There are are number of folks on here...let's call them..."presumptuous elitists" (I've heard that label somewhere before and seems appropriate here  :whistle: ) who, when something like this happens, are quick to say "it could never happen to me" (the insinuation being that they somehow are above such mistakes- I just don't buy the infallible act.

I know that not everyone here would/will do something like this but no one will convince me that there is anyone here who is incapable of it...the last and only perfect person was on earth a LONG time ago; everyone else is more than capable of making a mistake; whether it's a forgotten gun in a piece of luggage (while wrestling with who knows what other details, late arrivals, etc) or forgetting to check the TP status before sitting down. :)

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

Hang on a sec... I need to gear up if we're going to seriously propose that she did this as a test / civil disobedience thing, knowingly putting Uncle Ted's Pro-2A poster child status at risk.

5249707050_tin_foil_hat_xlarge.jpeg

David, where did you find that? Target? :D

I have been told I need one of those.

Hang on a sec... I need to gear up if we're going to seriously propose that she did this as a test / civil disobedience thing, knowingly putting Uncle Ted's Pro-2A poster child status at risk.

5249707050_tin_foil_hat_xlarge.jpeg

Mine need to be a hard-hat, not that wimpy thing.

It won't hurt Uncle Ted, one way or the other. Maybe she will get the David Gregory treatment.

Regardless of intent, it is a golden opportunity for the Nuge.  You can't buy this kind of attention to your cause.

Edited by R_Bert