bobcat hunting?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up in a ladder stand deer hunting. About 100 yards away I heard a flock of turkeys go nuts. I figured either a bobcat or coyote had jumped them. Well about 3 minutes later here comes mister bobcat down the trail. A 165gr 30-06 round put him down hard and fast. I admit that a 30-06 is a little overkill for a 30lb bobcat but that is all I had with me.:D

I was up in a ladder stand deer hunting. About 100 yards away I heard a flock of turkeys go nuts. I figured either a bobcat or coyote had jumped them. Well about 3 minutes later here comes mister bobcat down the trail. A 165gr 30-06 round put him down hard and fast. I admit that a 30-06 is a little overkill for a 30lb bobcat but that is all I had with me.:D

wish you had that on video to watch! lol

Dad killed one last year.

He's got that dude standing on his fireplace mantle right now....

no dead animals allowed in my house(i have a wife). anything i get has to stay in the garage or the shed....needless to say, i spend a lot of time in the garage!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest preruntn

I had the same sort of luck as kahrman.

I was sitting in a pretty dense tree line watching a field for deer. About the time I decided I'd had enough I noticed a small amount of movement off to my left and it turned out to be a pretty big bobcat. 170gr Rem from my .30-30 and a trip to the taxidermist has him atop my office bookshelf.

Taxidermist said it was one of the largest he had seen come through that year. Funny thing though, I must have used all my hunting luck in one shot. Nothing but one tough season after another cense then:rolleyes:

Eric

I was up in a ladder stand deer hunting. About 100 yards away I heard a flock of turkeys go nuts. I figured either a bobcat or coyote had jumped them. Well about 3 minutes later here comes mister bobcat down the trail. A 165gr 30-06 round put him down hard and fast. I admit that a 30-06 is a little overkill for a 30lb bobcat but that is all I had with me.:stir:

Where there are turkey you will find Bobcats! I had the same scenario happen to me three years ago while deer hunting during archery season. Sadly it cost me a nice carbon arrow and no cat.

The turkeys were in the hollow way down below me and out of sight but they started a ruckus about an hour before dusk. The hens make the same "fighting purrs" they make when squabbling amongst themeselves. About 15 minutes later a nice cat comes slinking up the hill. Apparently the turkeys had gotten the better of him. He walked directly below me and I took a shot from probably 16 feet! Straight down. Having never practiced this style shot I can tell you it is not easy to balance in a climber lean over and down while coming to full draw! Needless to say, the shot was close but did not hit him. He jumped backwards about 3 feet from the sound of the arrow hitting next to him and then trotted off while I tried to knock a 2nd arrow. Never did find the arrow I shot, buried itself in the ground and even knowing within inches of where it hit it was just gone. Next time I won't wait for him to get that darn close.

My brother in law used to hunt squirrels with dogs. One day the dogs treed but kept moving from tree to tree. He knew something was unusual by the way they were barking. When he gets to the tree low and behold there's a bobcat. Needless to say it's mounted in the family room now.

Guest Rem_700

I took this bobcat last year sitting in a ground blind on the opening day of the second rifle season.After that I bought me some predator calls and started hunitng them.First day out i miss 1 and see another,and haven't seen one since???

HPIM1381.jpg

HPIM1385.jpg