Vanderbilt Hospital layoffs today

socialized medicine has been implemented in countries far less populated such as England, Canada and Australia and it has proven to be a failure or major screw up from A=Z. How can anyone honestly believe that it will work in a country the size of the United States, especially when the program was designed and signed into law by a bunch of idiots that have no clue how to find their way home with out a GPS in their car to give them directions. Then a President so stupid that he signed it just because a Botox Queen told him he would have to sign it to learn whats in it. That is not leadership folks that is pure and simple stupidity and like I always say "you can't fix Stupid"  but we can vote stupid out of office if we can get enough people that still have brain cells functioning in any type of intelligence what so ever. The House took that first Giant step forward yesterday nd now it is time for the American people to melt down the phone lines to their Senators telling them to vote in favor of the House Bill or they will be unemployed come next election..........jmho

• Like 1

The Democrats, even some of whom were forced or bribed into signing it, are going to pay the price for signing on to

that bill. Ms. Pelosi's condescending remark was directed towards the American public, who would just as soon, bitch

and moan about something, rather than take action to prevent tyranny. she slapped the American public in the face

with her comment.

Obama signed it because he wanted to see it pass, from the very beginning. He knew what it contained. He knew how

this bill would destroy the economy, and he was exactly right.

Every time you see an article about how a company lets employees go, this needs to be remembered. and those who

signed off on this bill need to be shipped to Europe and play that caste system over there. Just think which ones are

getting the exemptions and you'll understand what I mean.

I suggest one single thing to fix a lot of our problems and if everyone did it the country would be a better place. Vote out any incumbent and if that means voting in a Democrat so be it. Once they realize they might actually have to go back to work or open a business they might change the laws that affect other business owners. Look at the voting record of most first term representatives. They almost always vote with the country's welfare in mind but a term or two later they have turned and begin supporting their own agenda or trying to get their share of what Washington has to offer. If we can get a government of all first termers the laws being passed or repealed might actually improve the country.

People want to complain but do not want to put forth the effort to ensure the representatives up for election do represent them. We do not make calls, do not volunteer, do not engage people in conversations or donate to those we want to win. Then when we don't get to vote for the person who we didn't support in the first place we refuse to vote in protest. How many of us actually did ANYTHING to help their chosen candidate? If you want to change the country it takes more just waiting to see if the person is on the ballot is someone you would vote for. Contact anyone and voice your support even if they are not running as the representative of your area. There is no law that says you have to stop at the border of our district.

The liberals have us beat and always will as long a we sit around and do nothing. They get out and talk to people, they organize, they donate and they are very vocal as well as reach out into areas not their own to ensure their candidates win. On the other hand Republicans sit in silence as their means of protest. I suggest we all take our angst and become more outspoken. Call your candidate and voice your support. Contact others and let them know who you support. Volunteer or donate to show your support. Heck, a few emails a day will go a long way. This will do more than sitting in silence waiting to vote for a candidate that has ZERO chance of winning against a candidate that is organized much better than we are.

Heck, there are plenty on here that are outspoken about the issues we all believe in. Take your post, make a call and just read it so your candidate knows how you feel. I know I am contacting my candidates and letting them know I am voting them out of office but not because I support their opponents views but because I don't support theirs.

Sitting around doing nothing accomplishes nothing. 

• Like 1

"Vote out any incumbent and if that means voting in a Democrat so be it." That's the only thing I disagree on, Gordon.

It is a scheme someone dreamed up to screw the system even more. You have to find people you identify with to vote

responsibly. chaos is what that statement causes. The politician understands both sides of the argument better than

you and I, though, so that is why the pressure should be kept on them.

The argument is reason and logic. The result is how much character the politician displays by his voting record. With the

right effort, the process can be turned around, if there is enough time. It just needs more people engaged in the process.

Simply voting in someone else, each time, is too chaotic and unproductive. It's like rolling the dice.

Doing the smart thing, like getting involved in the process, and getting to the point of threatening politicians that all the

power of the government won't protect them, would be a start. They think they can get away with it. We, the people are

letting them. That is what the Tea Party is trying to do.

I suggest one single thing to fix a lot of our problems and if everyone did it the country would be a better place. Vote out any incumbent and if that means voting in a Democrat so be it. Once they realize they might actually have to go back to work or open a business they might change the laws that affect other business owners.

Sitting around doing nothing accomplishes nothing.

Only problem with that is they are either already millionaires or they become millionaires while working as politicians in Washington via insider trading, etc.

http://www.businessinsider.com/richest-members-of-congress-the-hill-2012-8?op=1

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/pelosi-stock-insider-60minutes/2011/11/13/id/417848

They won't have to work when they get home. Edited by JohnC
  • Like 1

I would rather take a chance on someone I don't know than vote for a politician I know will not represent me. I am tired of those who are supposed to represent me not doing their job.

Right now the only difference between most democrats and republicans is the letter next to their names. And being a career politician is worse than being a democrat or republican.
  • Like 3

So you are another who would rather vote against Lamar, even though we are pushing a primary candidate against

him? I hope you meant to say you would push a primary candidate because I would rather have more company

doing that than putting in a Democrat. C'mon now! Jump on board.

As a Conservative, I cant see voting in a Democrat, despite my utter dissatisfaction with most Republican office holders.  I want them OUT, but not a Dem in...thats why Im trying to find people to support in the Primaries.  I am NOT a republican, but since we are essentially a 2 party system at present, I figure it WILL be one or the other of those two.  Since I cant vote Dem, I registered as a republican so i can help choose which Repub candidate will run as the nominee.  Don't like it, but thats the choice!  In my eyes, a Dem very rarely votes MY way.    A bad Repub, like Lamar, for example, often votes contrary to my beliefs, but does vote more to my beliefs than the average Dem.So, I'll work to get a good repub nominated to replace the Bad repub, but when its all said and done, Ill most likely vote Repub.

Voting in more Dems is a solution that may well cement the end of our country.

• Admin Team

If enough people would simply take an anti-incumbent stance and refuse to send anyone back to Washington - basically a voter-enacted term limitation, Congress would change in a major way.

At that point, I'm not sure it would matter nearly as much what letter, R, D or otherwise follows their name.  Everyone would do a better job representing their own constituents.

Voting in icumbents seems to be working so well for the country now. How long has McCain been in office? And he is a R. Plenty of other examples of R's not representing their conservative base after being in office for a while.

I can't afford to worry about McCain, but I can do something about one of our own.