Smartphone apps

Guest kj4gxu

Came across a cool little android app yesterday called "Reloading Cost Calculator"

It is exactly what the name implies.  You enter your components and the price and quantity and it tells you the cost for finished rounds in the quantities of 1, 25, 50, 100, 500 and 1000.

then gives you a pie chart which breaks down your cost per round by component.

that got me to wondering what other apps might be out there for reloaders.  Does anyone have an application you use on your phones or tablets or even programs on your computers to assist in reloading.  Things like calculators, log books etc?

Thanks

Eric

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have looked at the Nikon app but haven't bought it.
I found Strelok a few months ago, it is a ballistics app but I haven't used it very much. My limited usage, it works well. You specify your caliber, scope, and cartridge info. Has a diagram for holdover and windage, chart for drop, etc. Pretty cool app for free! Edited by jonathon1289
Great topic! I hadn't thought of apps for this hobby before. Just FYI, I went searchjng for the reloading cost calculator and the first one to pop up was from RCBS. That one was pretty clunky and not exactly intuitive. It didnt specify grains or pounds in recerence to powder, nor did it give you a breakdown of component cost.

The one mentioned in the OP was, I believe, the app from DOWNZERO. It really is great! It makes me a little sad for the RCBS offering. :-(

Anyways, thanks for the new toy! My 50 rd boxes of 44 mag 240gr JSPs cost $9.21 each... I guessed $10... close enough! ;-)