Rand Paul going to sure rock a few boats with this!!!!

Agree with him 10000000%. Problem is they have to vote themselves onto the AAC. Don't see it happening.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know about that since they didn't have to vote not to be on it did they? It was a perk that Obama put out there I think but not sure....If nothing else I hope Rand Paul puts the fear of hell i them just thinking about it.

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1

Makes for good press but I can't see anything coming from it.

Of course, every person, especially anyone who works for the government from the President to the lowest-paid janitor should have to have Obamacare and every company and special interest group that has been allowed to opt out should be forced to participate.

But it anit going to happen.

Well the way I figure it the more hell raised over it the more hated it will become and when the brain dead peoples brains come back to reality that actually voted for this guy in the White House realizes that all those folks in Washington think they are better than the good ole Americans and don't have to do what we do maybe a small glimmer of hope is still there............jmho

Well the way I figure it the more hell raised over it the more hated it will become and when the brain dead peoples brains come back to reality that actually voted for this guy in the White House realizes that all those folks in Washington think they are better than the good ole Americans and don't have to do what we do maybe a small glimmer of hope is still there............jmho

Congress and the rest of Washington D.C. not having to live under/be subject to the crap they spew out (called legislation) has been going on for decade after decade...I somehow doubt the brain dead are suddenly going to get a clue.  It's a nice thought...but probably not terribly realistic.

Guest TankerHC

I don't know about that since they didn't have to vote not to be on it did they? It was a perk that Obama put out there I think but not sure....If nothing else I hope Rand Paul puts the fear of hell i them just thinking about it.

Yea, kinda like not voting for a Congressional pay raise. 

It could work, and here is how...

The Senate bounces the bill back to the House...  The House amends the bill to only include a requirement that all government employees must go on Obamacare (or at least Congress and White House staff) with no employer subsidies.  Then refuses to pass anything less than this new compromise.

You're a Senate democrat, do you shutdown the government over this one line in the law?  Who gets blamed for the shutdown?  Not the republicans at that point.  It's a perfect trap.

"We wanted to shutdown all of Obamacare, but the democrats said no, so we offered a compromise that all of congress and the federal government should have to live under the same law as you...  They refused and shutdown the government to try and prevent themselves from having to live under Obamacare."

Yeah that is not something I'd want to vote against and then go home to my district for an election.

Makes for good press but I can't see anything coming from it.

Of course, every person, especially anyone who works for the government from the President to the lowest-paid janitor should have to have Obamacare and every company and special interest group that has been allowed to opt out should be forced to participate.

But it anit going to happen.

Edited by JayC

The problem is that he's not talking about a simple law, he's talking about a Constitutional Amendment. That could take years to  go into effect, if ever. Why not a law that takes effect on passage and then a Constitutional Amendment so congress can't overturn it.

Guest ThePunisher

Congress and the rest of Washington D.C. not having to live under/be subject to the crap they spew out (called legislation) has been going on for decade after decade...I somehow doubt the brain dead are suddenly going to get a clue.  It's a nice thought...but probably not terribly realistic.

I believe before too long and before the 2014 elections, that people are gonna realize that Obamacare is like a snake in the grass waiting to bite them in the arse, and they're gonna take it out on these Congreesmen that voted for this boondoggle. Lamar is already feeling some heat and it's gonna get hotter before 2014 election. People become active after something starts affecting them negatively, and I'm sure there is gonna be a revolt at the ballot box in 2014.
Guest TankerHC

It could work, and here is how...

The Senate bounces the bill back to the House...  The House amends the bill to only include a requirement that all government employees must go on Obamacare (or at least Congress and White House staff) with no employer subsidies.  Then refuses to pass anything less than this new compromise.

You're a Senate democrat, do you shutdown the government over this one line in the law?  Who gets blamed for the shutdown?  Not the republicans at that point.  It's a perfect trap.

"We wanted to shutdown all of Obamacare, but the democrats said no, so we offered a compromise that all of congress and the federal government should have to live under the same law as you...  They refused and shutdown the government to try and prevent themselves from having to live under Obamacare."

Yeah that is not something I'd want to vote against and then go home to my district for an election.

Yep. I agree Jay it could be done. But first you have to find Democrats with Morals and Ethics. Last I heard you will only find them in Washington Mythology.

A long time ago in a Government far far away............

Edited by TankerHC

I don't think you need a moral democrat for that statement to kick in...  just mix in a good amount of self preservation :)

If you're looking at a tough race next year, do you really want to me on recording for voting against you having to live under the same law as your voters?  Do you really want to be seen as willing to shutdown the government to keep that from happening?

Democrats are a lot of things, dumb isn't one of them...  That is going to cost you votes, a lot of votes...  if you're in a tight race to begin with, you don't do things that will cost you a lot of votes.

Yep. I agree Jay it could be done. But first you have to find Democrats with Morals and Ethics. Last I heard you will only find them in Washington Mythology.

No, you have to identify those Democrats who are facing a challenge and shove it in their faces so much that they

have little choice. The ACA is that unpopular. These guys are always trying to avoid anything that can damage their

status. Both parties should be treated like this. If we stuck things in their face and made them accountable, something

a bit different might happen.

Guest ThePunisher

Yeah...well, I could be called up by the NFL tomorrow too...lots of things "can" work,

NFL stands for " Not For Long " and that's how people are gonna react to their representatives that voted for Obamacare. I'm sure that a bunch of rhinos and even some Dumacrats are feeling nervous and scared with Cruz speaking in Senate at this moment. It's not gonna matter for the brain dead people, but not all of the people are brain dead. Lamar is gonna get the NFL treatment.

Yeh, things like that could happen, but giving up isn't much resolve, either.

There is a difference between "giving up" and being realistic. As to my resolve, in the words of James T. Kirk; "I've done my bit for king and country" and a hell of a lot more than most people to stop Obamacare and I'm resolved that I've done all I can do - what happens now is out of my hands.

No, you have to identify those Democrats who are facing a challenge and shove it in their faces so much that they

have little choice. The ACA is that unpopular. These guys are always trying to avoid anything that can damage their

status. Both parties should be treated like this. If we stuck things in their face and made them accountable, something

a bit different might happen.

Many of the senators who voted for this abortion in 2009 are still there because they were happily returned to office by their constituents (and I'm talking about senators who were nearly run out of their own town hall meetings because they were getting beat up about it but the people still voted for them anyway).  Given that, why should they worry now?

I think a bill should be introduced that states, if you pass a law, you are bound to the fact that it applies to you. This crap of voting things in and being exempt from it is a recipe for eliteness. "Do as I say", "I know whats best for the common man" type attitude needs to go ASAP. You vote it, you live it. Ok, I'm back from my fantasy land now.

Edited by EMB145
  • Like 1

We had one in TN, Eddie Bass, and, he wanted to change over to the Republican Party, but McCormick would not allow it.

You are right, I hadn't thought of Eddie...he is a one of a kind good guy.  I had to chance to talk with him a bit before he left the legislature and it was obvious that he had far too much common sense to stay!