(More) American Guns, Night Vision, and a US Training Camp in the hands of Terrorists

Guest TankerHC

it is just a matter of time when we will see this stuff over here.  stay alert, stay alive.  carry your gun. 

So they are going to smuggle in pistols and rifles that can be bought, or easily stolen, here right now? I don't think so. I don't think there is any risk of these stolen weapons being used here on US soil. Now if you happen to live in the region then you might need to worry but even then I suspect you would not need to worry about these weapons that were stolen but about being in the region itself.

The parts to convert any stardard AR into full auto can be bought legally. It is illegal to own or possess those parts if you own, or have in your possession, an AR unless you already have approval from the ATF for a machine gun. I know I would not even think about owning a single part used in the conversion process even if I didn't own an AR. Criminals here who are wanting a full auto AR can buy the parts, and convert, for a lot less than trying to smuggle one of these machine guns in. The cost of these parts, through Brownnells, is under $100. Or the bad guys could buy the parts from certain dealers at the gun shows.

It requires a lot less work to convert an AR already here than trying to smuggle a weapon into the country. Even if they could smuggle those weapons in without being caught the cost to get them here is far more than the cost to convert an AR already here. It would cost a lot less to convert than that to smuggle a frearm into the country from over there. A few very minor, simple changes to the lower, that I will not get into, is all that needs to be done.

The risk to smuggle in a gun, even a Glock, is likely too high when one can be bought here. I seen Glocks for sale at this last show for $329. It would probably cost more than that to try to smuggle one in. So I just see a bad guy buying, or stealing, one rather than trying to smuggle one in.

The bad guys had night vision before these were stolen. They have pretty much everything we do or at least have the ability to buy it. They are also being supplied by sympathetic countries such as China with equipment and arms. Even China makes AR's. I always told my guys that if it was something that could eb found on Ebay then assume the bad guys probably have it.