Bushnell AR 1-4x BTR Reticle

Want to increase the brightness of reticles?

If the scope uses a 2032 battery then buy and double up on 2016 batteries. Yes it is crazy and yes it does work. The 2016 batteries are exactly 1/2 as thick but the same voltage as the 2032's. You double them up and they double the voltage as well as the brightness.

I was told this and laughed to myself thinking it couldn't be this easy. Then when I got home I tried it in a scope that I had that was notoriously dim and afterwards I could use it in bright son.

I will caution that it may not work with optics that have circuits like a Doctor, Burris FastFire and the like but it definitely works with rheostat optics.

• Like 2

I don't mean to derail this thread.

I'm in the market as well and was/am considering an Aimpoint PRO. I have an EOTech and it serves it's intended role well. But I'd like some affordable low power magnification that will serve for close range as well.

Money is a consideration.

Could you tell me more about your lemonade? :pleased:

It's my first scope.  I'm very new to optics so I 'm not going to act like I know everything about them, but overall I am happy with the Bushnell. I'll have to try the two battery method.  With the pro, it's a great optic, and yes it's Aimpoint so it'll last forever, and yes it is reasonably priced compared to the micro series.  I just wanted a feature the pro didn't have.

• Like 1

ThanksTMF. I might give the Bushnell another look.

I'll try out Dolomite's trick to see if bumping the voltage works or fries the reticle sometime in the next few days if you wanted to wait and find out. Edited by TMF
  • Like 1

I'll try out Dolomite's trick to see if bumping the voltage works or fries the reticle sometime in the next few days if you wanted to wait and find out.

I would certainly be interested. Like I mentioned above, I'm in the market, but have budgetary concerns. This sounds promising.

Thanks for the reply S.L.F. :hat:

Thank for offering to try it out on yours. If 2 2016's will bump the brightness up a little I'll probably go ahead and order one. Everything else about the scope is what I'm looking for.

Ya, I'm not too worried about over juicing the reticle with the extra voltage since it isn't good enough to use as a red dot anyways so I'm not really losing anything by doing it. Hopefully it works and I can use it for what it was originally intended. If not it will be used for taking deer next year.
  • 3 weeks later...