LA Police Gear "Mystery Bag" $9.99 Each

GlockSpock

I'd love to but I'm almost positive my credit card info was stolen by shopping at this website and their shipping is generally really high.

Mine got popped about a month or so after my last order from LA Police. Perhaps their servers got infiltrated.

Got this e-mail yesterday:

"Mission delay! Your order contains merchandise that is temporarily on backorder. Please be assured that the backordered item(s) will be arriving to our warehouse shortly. You won't be charged for that backorder until it is back in stock and shipping out to you.

Your order will remain in open status in our system until the merchandise has arrived back in stock. As soon as we receive the backordered product, your order will be filled and shipped out to you immediately. A shipping confirmation email will follow at that time.

If you need to ship the in stock items now or make any changes to the order, please email us at Priority@LAPoliceGear.com.

To check the status of your order at any time, click here, click Customer Service, and enter in your order number and the zip code from your billing address."

Interesting for a couple or reasons: 1) looks like they may be special ordering "stuff" to put in the bags and 2) I had the same experience with my last LA Police Gear order.  It was accepted and confirmed as in-stock then a few days later it was "out of stock" - took several weeks to get the remaining items.  I may have to rethink spending my money with this company. 

UPDATE:  Looks like I won't have a long delay this time. 

Mission accomplished! This email contains the tracking information for your order. The payload is en route - now your mission begins. In a few weeks time, we will send you another email asking for your opinion on the products you received. Please help your fellow operators and share your opinion when the time comes! If you have any questions, please reply to this email or give us a call.

Edited by WindHawk
  • Moderators

Got this e-mail yesterday:

"Mission delay! Your order contains merchandise that is temporarily on backorder. Please be assured that the backordered item(s) will be arriving to our warehouse shortly. You won't be charged for that backorder until it is back in stock and shipping out to you.

Your order will remain in open status in our system until the merchandise has arrived back in stock. As soon as we receive the backordered product, your order will be filled and shipped out to you immediately. A shipping confirmation email will follow at that time.

If you need to ship the in stock items now or make any changes to the order, please email us at Priority@LAPoliceGear.com.

To check the status of your order at any time, click here, click Customer Service, and enter in your order number and the zip code from your billing address."

Interesting for a couple or reasons: 1) looks like they may be special ordering "stuff" to put in the bags and 2) I had the same experience with my last LA Police Gear order.  It was accepted and confirmed as in-stock then a few days later it was "out of stock" - took several weeks to get the remaining items.  I may have to rethink spending my money with this company. 

I've always had good service from them. They are the company I ordered the $20 BDU style pants from. I purchased 5 pairs, and to make a really long story short, they sent me four replacement pairs within that month because there were small issues with two of the originals, then an issue with the two replacements, Some of the issues had to do with incorrect sizing (they sent me a size 42 when I ordered 36. One of the pairs was about two inches longer than they should have been. One or two pairs had their buttons sowed on loosely. So, in retrospect, their quality control/warehouse crew may lack a little, but they definitely took care of me in terms of customer service. I'll stay a happy customer until they give me a reason otherwise.

Interesting about the backorder issue though. To be sending out "500" bags, it seems suspicious. I suppose they had enough stock to put together a certain number of the bags with the rest of the stock incoming within a few days/weeks. Then the bags were more popular than they expected and sold out in the first day all the while when they expected to receive the incoming stock before the bags sold out.

Or they decided to turn "500" into a larger number and let more than 500 orders go through.

Who knows?

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Moderators

Statistics! Madness! Maths! Popcorn!  :popcorn:

I got mine on order though! Here's to my odds, whatever they are  :rofl:

Thursday as well

In light of tracking my mystery bags, I came up with this idea. Not that we would be able to tell much (if anything) by doing so, I figured it'd be fun to post how much the package weights.

I ordered two of the mystery bags, and UPS shows the package weighing 1.8 lbs.

Edited by CZ9MM

In light of tracking my mystery bags, I came up with this idea. Not that we would be able to tell much (if anything) by doing so, I figured it'd be fun to post how much the package weights.

I ordered two of the mystery bags, and UPS shows the package weighing 1.8 lbs.

1.7 lbs.
UPS man doesn't show around my neighborhood until around 3 or 4.
  • Moderators

Meh

5.11 Toc logo hat

LA Police Gear Tac Hat

(2) Maxpedition aluminum water bottles

Think I got what I paid for, as always, could have been better.

image_zps98ee22eb.jpg

I'll bet I got the same combination, just a fluctuation in packing. The good news is that the black has is a nice looking hat. So now I'm very curious as to what is in the lighter packages.

• Moderators

Well, could have done better as well obviously, but overall I'm satisfied. I'll get much more use out of the socks that I would have those water bottles. I suppose my main thought is it seems they should have switched the bags up a bit. It seems instead if you ordered two you likely got two of the same thing. But whatever. It was only a few bucks and I can use these hats and socks. Better luck that I have spending $25 on lottery tickets!

L41nHHj.jpg

• Like 1