The new Magical James Yeager round prototype!

Guest Guns31

Let me start by saying I knew of him and even followed a lot of what he said on his forum long before I ever knew of the incident or even became a contractor. I agreed with nearly everything he was saying and he was a big motivating factor when I walked away from a career in LE that had spanned nearly 1/2 my life in order to become a contractor. I looked up to, and respected, him because of what he was saying on his forum. He sounded like someone who had been in the business for a very long time.

Yeager running to the culvert isn't the problem. Most people have no clue how they are going to react in a situation like that. Everyone has grand illusions of advancing on the enemy and saving the day but it rarely happens that way. I have seen some of the biggest talkers of tactical crap wet themselves over stuff that was relatively minor. If I do have a problem with that day it was the fact he had the car in neutral and his foot off the clutch. There ability to get out of the kill zone was severaly compromised. Several of the people that died that day would have been dead even if Yeager had done everything perfect. Another big problem I have is in his AAR he blames everyone else for mistakes but chooses to leave himself out of the blame game.

I don't like him. But not because of what he does here or even what he did during the ambush. I don't like him because of how he was long before the video made him famous. He was well known to be cantankerous towards his fellow team mates as well as not having a decent work ethic. I have talked to several people who worked around him or were in the same compound as him and they all said the same story. Spending the nights in the client bar and trying to fight other Americans in Iraq. It was also said that he was going to be let go had the “incident†not secured his fate with ERSM. He has also been fired as a police officer here in the states, no doubt to his cantankerous attitude he carries around.

In the end I am glad he made lemonade out of lemons. I am glad he brings in professionals to train people because we all should be training if we can.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
  • Like 1

..... I haven't even tried to make sense of that situation in Iraq. I'm not the best one to judge that anyway.

Allow me to apply some judgment because I am far more contemptuous of Yeager's immediate follow-on actions (or non-actions) right after the first contact.  Please see my comments below.

Yeager running to the culvert isn't the problem. Most people have no clue how they are going to react in a situation like that. Everyone has grand illusions of advancing on the enemy and saving the day but it rarely happens that way...... Another big problem I have is in his AAR he blames everyone else for mistakes but chooses to leave himself out of the blame game.

Dolomite_supafly's remarks astutely points out why Yeager's actions are so extraordinarily distasteful to many of us. 

Its not about running away and jumping into the culvert .

Its about staying and hiding in the culvert and doing nothing for several minutes even while others in his team are trying to maneuver under fire to support those in the lead vehicle.

And perhaps worst of all - - - his postings on a couple of online forums within hours of the engagement trying to spin a story in his favor by assessing blame on the overall team and dead team members themselves.   But there was a problem with that, Yeager forgot that the trail vehicle had a dash-cam.   

Edited by DMark

Allow me to apply some judgment because I am far more contemptuous of Yeager's immediate follow-on actions (or non-actions) right after the first contact.  Please see my comments below.

Dolomite_supafly's remarks astutely points out why Yeager's actions are so extraordinarily distasteful to many of us. 

Its not about running away and jumping into the culvert .

Its about staying and hiding in the culvert and doing nothing for several minutes even while others in his team are trying to maneuver under fire to support those in the lead vehicle.

And perhaps worst of all - - - his postings on a couple of online forums within hours of the engagement trying to spin a story in his favor by assessing blame on the overall team and dead team members themselves.   But there was a problem with that, Yeager forgot that the trail vehicle had a dash-cam.   

Yep. I don't even know the details. I'll leave that to guys like you that have the training, and have actually been in fire fights. i don't know what I would do, although somebody shooting at me would really piss me off :)

There are two sides to every story and since Yeager cannot legally comment on the incident per the settlement with his former employer, her is a link with his account of the events that day and the events leading up to it. http://www.defensereview.com/video-iraqi-insurgentsterrorists-ambush-pmcpsc-psd-team-on-biap-road/ I don't personally know the man and don't have a dog in this fight but find it distasteful to go after people who cannot defend themselves on the matter without putting themselves in legal and financial jeopardy in doing so.

• Like 1

There are two sides to every story and since Yeager cannot legally comment on the incident per the settlement with his former employer, her is a link with his account of the events that day and the events leading up to it. http://www.defensereview.com/video-iraqi-insurgentsterrorists-ambush-pmcpsc-psd-team-on-biap-road/ I don't personally know the man and don't have a dog in this fight but find it distasteful to go after people who cannot defend themselves on the matter without putting themselves in legal and financial jeopardy in doing so.

Then he doesn't nee to be an ass. When he decides to open his cock washer and spew the BS he does then he invites it. If he didn't want the extra attention then he would zip it and not be putting out inflammatory videos every 5 minutes.

I understand there are a ton of his fan boys on here, I am not one of them. I owe him just as much respect as he would give me, which is exactly ZERO. I don't care what he thinks of me and he should not give a rat's ass what I think, or say, of him.

You think he doesn't talk about the incident?, think again.

• Moderators

Well... That was a TMF moment  :rofl:

When he decides to open his cock washer

It certainly was! :lol: Next thing we know Yeager will go all Gabe Suarez again and Dolomite will get challenged to a duel. :lol: :rofl:

It certainly was! :lol: Next thing we know Yeager will go all Gabe Suarez again and Dolomite will get challenged to a duel. :lol: :rofl:

Not sure I would pick Dolomite for a shootout. Bad enough getting shot to begin with. Getting shot with melted tire weights coated in Harbor Freight powder coat just ain't the way a super warrior should die :)

• Like 1