Pocket Carry

tnhandgun57

I carry the Sig P938 most of the time but only pocket carry on occasion.  It is small but heavy.  Also have an LC9 which is a nice size and weight

but I hate the trigger pull on it.  Most experts advise against pocket carry... you need to be extra save doing that.

If I am moving around in bad geography I carry two guns, one front left pocket and one right side holster.  Lots of theory on what works and what doesn't, and seems most of it is just that, theory.  I think the best thing is to learn to pull and shoot fast close in with either hand. 

Check this out:

http://www.gunthorp.com/Terminal%20Ballistics%20as%20viewed%20in%20a%20morgue.htm

UPDATE: I went to gun store yesterday, with ALL intentions of buying the CM9. They JUST HAPPENED to have a P938 in the same view as the Kahr. I said 'what the heck' and held the SIG.

To make a long story short, I am now the owner of a SIG P938! The gun felt SO much better in my hand and pocket! So it cost a FEW more $$$.....you only go around once!!

• Like 1

I currently pocket carry a Kahr MK9 daily and it has delivered 100% reliability. I like the trigger action and it fits my hand very well.

I prefer the extra weight, in what Kahr calls a sub-compact; it makes this small 9mm platform fun to shoot 

As mentioned above, pockets are key with along with a proper holster and belt.

While I am hesitant to mention it, everyone does know that if you pocket carry and need to re-holster, you REMOVE the holster from your pocket BEFORE re-holstering your handgun, right?

ABSOLUTELY!!

...While I am hesitant to mention it, everyone does know that if you pocket carry and need to re-holster, you REMOVE the holster from your pocket BEFORE re-holstering your handgun, right?

Depends on the holster I guess. Do you remove an IWB or OWB everytime you re-holster?

I have 100% faith in re-holstering mine in pocket or of course I wouldn't do it.

- OS

I currently pocket carry a Kahr MK9 daily and it has delivered 100% reliability. I like the trigger action and it fits my hand very well.

I prefer the extra weight, in what Kahr calls a sub-compact; it makes this small 9mm platform fun to shoot 

As mentioned above, pockets are key with along with a proper holster and belt.

While I am hesitant to mention it, everyone does know that if you pocket carry and need to re-holster, you REMOVE the holster from your pocket BEFORE re-holstering your handgun, right?

Why would you remove the holster?  In some clothes or positions I have had to pull the holster out a little, not entirely, but most of the time it goes right back in without even that much.  Its pretty well worn to fit the gun though, when it was new I did have to take it out to get it working.  I think this is going to be very situational depending on your gear and pants etc whether it is needed.  

I'd say it totally depends on the holster. With a kydex pocket holster, I would think that you would be able to reholster without removing it from your pocket. Possibly even with a hard custom leather that is fitted for your particular gun. Now if you have a holster made of softer leather or suede or some other soft material..... then I'd say you would have to remove it to reholster safely.

Why would you remove the holster?  In some clothes or positions I have had to pull the holster out a little, not entirely, but most of the time it goes right back in without even that much.  Its pretty well worn to fit the gun though, when it was new I did have to take it out to get it working.  I think this is going to be very situational depending on your gear and pants etc whether it is needed.  

Personal choice, I guess.....just feel safer reholstering it where I can see it. All about being safe to me!!

• Like 1

Awesome choice! Congrats!!!

Please be sure and let us know how the first range session goes! I put the first 100 rds thru mine last week with 0 issues. It shot amazingly smooth and accurate as well....especially for such a small gun!

Thanks! Will do!! Looking forward to range night already!!