Ruger SR45

Steelharp

Been waiting to say anything, because I wanted to give it some carry/target time. I've carried it daily for two weeks, shot it about 100-150 rounds now.

Personally, I've never owned a better .45. Slim enough, 10 + 1 rounds, extremely accurate. No hiccups of any kind. And I'm really liking the American made aspect. Really itching to try an SR9 now.

I like the pointability, the trigger, the fit, finish... everything. Just a great .45.

• Like 2
I think all of those Rugers feel great, the SR45 is thin for a double stacked 45. I have no clue why Glock thought they had to make G21 slides so fat and heavy. On the Rugers though, I just cringe at all the little movable pieces inside. I took a SR9 apart at the shop when they came out and we got it stuck trying to put it back together.

Way behind the curve there, Mikey. I got one a year ago. Do agree that it is one heck of a great 45. Holds, points and shoots very naturally for me. In fact I'd say that it shoots and holds much better than the G21.

And I found it to be the most accurate just pick up and shoot pistol I've owned. (Must take the SR45 and the Shield out for a side by side accuracy test. Probably not fair with all the differences between them, but both are very impressive for fast and easy shooting.)

For me though, I was thoroughly unimpressed with the SR9/40. Owned 2 of the 9 and 1 40 for a while. Just didn't like the feel of them. Probably just the Glock hands that couldn't adapt. LOL

And did this topple the PPX from the top of the pile for you?

• Like 1

Way behind the curve there, Mikey. I got one a year ago. Do agree that it is one heck of a great 45. Holds, points and shoots very naturally for me. In fact I'd say that it shoots and holds much better than the G21.

And I found it to be the most accurate just pick up and shoot pistol I've owned. (Must take the SR45 and the Shield out for a side by side accuracy test. Probably not fair with all the differences between them, but both are very impressive for fast and easy shooting.)

Then why don't you sing my praises, if that is the SR45 I sold you ? :rofl:  :rock:   :woohoo:

Then why don't you sing my praises, if that is the SR45 I sold you ? :rofl:  :rock:   :woohoo:

Yes, Joe, it is. I've been tempted to pass it on to a friend of mine, but I take it out for a few rounds and then decide to keep it a little longer.