Guastave Refugees.....

I have a question. Does anyone have any churches in your area sheltering refugees from Gustave? If so... what do ya really think.

The church across the street from me has about 200. All I can say is 2-3 of them have already tried to buy guns, using some kind of either fema or red cross debit card. We told them they cant.... btw. They are also lined up out the door of the local market buying beer and cigarettes with that same card. What is this card? I thought after Katrina they went giving them out anymore since so many went to Tunica and gambled them up. I think they are supposed to be for food, but the church is feeding them 3 meals a day.

Im all for helping those in need.... but geeeeeeze!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower

They must have had a bunch left over from Katrina and didn't know what to do with them. All those debit cards with all that money on them. You all should be ashamed to think that now, just as much as then, these people deserve everything they are getting. Money, shelter, comfort, food, praise, god....I think I can stop there.

Let's just say I've kept more than one defensive carbine closer than normal. They're a bit close for my tastes. I'm all for charity but it irks me to see able bodied people sitting on their duffs waiting for someone to wipe their noses for them.

They deserve a chance to get out of bed, go home and to get a job. Other than that...they can take care of themselves..or not. Things will work out either way. I waiting for the flood of people from Fla on the government sponsored trains and buses....

Some of them got into a fight right behind my store night before last, and there were broken beer bottles and blood outside my back door this morning. Makes me feel really good.

You know as a Christian, I want to help those in need... but I think one should also be responsible for helping yourself.

Anyway, my rant is over for now... keep your powder dry!

Guest nraforlife
...I'm all for charity but it irks me to see able bodied people sitting on their duffs waiting for someone to wipe their noses for them.

Wrong end of the body.

Guest canynracer

Most of the ones here so far are so sick of being evac'ed, they said they will probably make Memphis their new home....*sigh*

Hopefully they will be productive members here.

Saw on the news this morning, that there are many refugees that drove up here on their own dime, but don't have any money to go back home, so they are stuck here and the places that they are staying are having to stay open and provide for them until they(the refugee) figures out how to get back home, IE. Gas money. The red cross can't pay them for gas money. and I assume they used their cards for beer and cigs so they don't have no mo.

Guest coldblackwind

There were 400 of them in the rec center here on campus. They were sleeping in the back yards of the frat houses, and complaining noone was giving them money to go to walmart, and when they did, they went and bought booze with it. Now a bunch of them decided they don't want to go back, and still want the campus to let them stay in the gym.

We shipped most of them from this area out of my base here in Nashville Saturday. I got "lucky" enough to supervise them while they were waiting to board the planes.

I can count the number of "decent" ones on one hand.

Here are just a few of the horror stories I have heard. Keep in mind i did not experience these first hand so take this with a grain of salt.

First - As the planes were landing on the airfield and the evacuees were leaving the airplane one of them decided he needed a smoke. So he tried to light up standing right next to the fuel truck that was refueling the airplane. :)

When told that he couldn't do that he got an attitude and said they he could do as he damn well pleased.:puke: He was polity told that if he lit up he would end up in the back of one of the patrol cars that were there to greet them. :cop:

He waited for his smoke.

Second - As they were leaving one of the civilian airplanes one of the evacuees decided it would be funny to relieve himself on the seat. Not number one mind you, but a big ol' number two.

The airline had to replace the seat at their own cost.

Three - They were housing a large percentage of the local evacuees in a brand new civic center on a local college.

Before the evacuees went home they decided to leave behind a little parting gift, they keyed all of the brand new lockers.

I hate to sound cold-hearted, but I say let them drown next time. :down: