Thoughts on this gun lock?

http://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-94DSPT-Resettable-Combination/dp/B00448KLP8/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A27BUQSY3E84IP

Main use would be on shot guns/rifles that are stored without ammunition.  The point would be peace of mind with the children.  We do have a speed vault for the Glock.  

I just saw it and thought for the price it would be good to have with the number of guns to safes that we have in the house, until we get a large safe. Any thoughts?  

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I would suggest you teach your children gun safety. You won't protect them from everything through life, and learning to think for one's self would serve them better than any helmet, lock, etc. you could buy.

Well said. When I was a kid, the guns were in the closet. I knew better. Getting shot wasn't my biggest fear. :)

• Like 1

I would suggest you teach your children gun safety. You won't protect them from everything through life, and learning to think for one's self would serve them better than any helmet, lock, etc. you could buy.

Well said. When I was a kid, the guns were in the closet. I knew better. Getting shot wasn't my biggest fear. :)

Y'all must have met some folks for this to be brought up, but my first thought was, seriously? 

Guns are not something I am going to wait and see if my teaching has been effective, kwim? When you find out teaching in this area is ineffective, it could be a bit too late.  

I like back up plans, fail safes, and extra security measures with little hands.

Y'all must have met some folks for this to be brought up, but my first thought was, seriously? 

Guns are not something I am going to wait and see if my teaching has been effective, kwim? When you find out teaching in this area is ineffective, it could be a bit too late.  

I like back up plans, fail safes, and extra security measures with little hands.

Nobody said a trigger lock is a bad idea. I did, in fact, survive without them. I didn't drink gasoline either. Different times, I guess. The point was, there's a responsibility on your part to teach, because you just can't put a lock on everything. Lots of potentially lethal stuff around.

FWIW, I lock up all my guns when most adults come around. :)

Edited by mikegideon

Nobody said a trigger lock is a bad idea. I did, in fact, survive without them. I didn't drink gasoline either. Different times, I guess. The point was, there's a responsibility on your part to teach, because you just can't put a lock on everything. Lots of potentially lethal stuff around.

FWIW, I lock up all my guns when most adults come around. :)

It seems like such common sense, to me, to teach your children. 

We do drills here, like "You are at friends house, and you see a gun, quick what do you do?" The four year old does well.  Maybe a little too well, because she told me that she can go to her little friends house, but her little friends mommy said she (little friend) can't come here bc not all mommies have guns.  I have no idea what she told the child (or perhaps the mommy ?), but no little visitors at my house evidently :)

Twenty bucks says your kids can breach a gun lock faster than you can. At least that would be the case at my house. You can't hide everything from a child, nor can you protect them from everything. Your kids might actually need a gun one day, and at that point a good education will beat the fire out of a cable lock.

Twenty bucks says your kids can breach a gun lock faster than you can. At least that would be the case at my house. You can't hide everything from a child, nor can you protect them from everything. Your kids might actually need a gun one day, and at that point a good education will beat the fire out of a cable lock.

Actually, the one linked above is a combination trigger lock, not a cable lock. It looks pretty secure, unless you could maybe get under it with a paper clip or something to mash the trigger. Better off locking the whole gun up, even if you had to use one of those cheesy Stack-on cabinets

• Like 1