2013 Secret Santa "Thank You" Thread

I got my two SS packages today. I got two names so I also got 2 in return. Such awesome stuff. Thanks a ton to both contributors. Books on the major gun manufacturers [URL=http://s680.photobucket.com/user/owensnj/media/FB1F3E21-F952-40E9-8BA3-F706A3B84899_zpshfhni8db.jpg.html]FB1F3E21-F952-40E9-8BA3-F706A3B84899_zps[/URL] A Glock gun mat [URL=http://s680.photobucket.com/user/owensnj/media/9FE428AD-BDB2-46E8-BDCC-BF005C3925A6_zpsn3shcwza.jpg.html]9FE428AD-BDB2-46E8-BDCC-BF005C3925A6_zps[/URL] A stream light stylus pen light [URL=http://s680.photobucket.com/user/owensnj/media/CA544763-346C-4B6E-AE3F-369DC5094A0D_zps9yejcsas.jpg.html]CA544763-346C-4B6E-AE3F-369DC5094A0D_zps[/URL] And the best of all. Coffee mug [URL=http://s680.photobucket.com/user/owensnj/media/46083D50-D76E-4833-8478-BD741DA5A93F_zps7jsbbhlk.jpg.html]46083D50-D76E-4833-8478-BD741DA5A93F_zps[/URL]

• Like 2
I got mine today, Thank you Secret Santa. Inside the package was a pair of champion earmuffs, champion shooting glasses, a Hoppes 9 Bore snake for 22 / 223, a 45 acp key chain, and a trigger lock. I feel very blessed receiving these gifts, and they will get used. This was my first year participating in the tgo ss, (maybe I should have spelled out secret Santa, tgo ss could be misconstrued). Also a big thanks to MacGyver for coordinating all of this. A very Merry Christmas to all, have a safe and blessed holiday.
Epp
thescoutranch
  • Like 1
Mine is waiting for me at home right now. Full report tonight.

Edit: just awesome!

I got some polymer flip up sights that are super light weight. Perfect for a light weight build I'm planning out in my mind.

I also got an extended latch for a charging handle, once again perfect as I just don't like the mil spec ones after spoiling myself with a BCM. I already have a charging handle to instal it on also so that's one more part for a build.

I got an AR receiver "plate". Not sure of the proper term but its the plate that holds the spring that holds the rearward takedown pin. The one I got has ambidextrous slots for a sling on either side of the receiver.

Possibly best of all (for me anyway) is the lower receiver vise block. I've been putting off buying one for awhile, looks like that strategy paid off in the end. ;)

A sincere and heartfelt thank you to my secret Santa. The gifts you gave are absolutely perfect and I will surely use and enjoy them. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Additional thanks go out to all those that make TGO what it is. Between the staff and the members, this IMO is THE best place to be on the web, period. Edited by TrickyNicky
  • Like 2

Holy WOW! 

Talk about being spoiled by my Secret Santa!! 

One of the benefits of working night shift is being home when the UPS man makes his early deliveries, and today's came around 0900.  I shuffled out of bed to get the packages (we received several today).  Figuring they were all for my wife, I put them all on the table and went back to bed (am working tonight).  I awoke to find that all but one box had been opened. I asked her why she hadn't opened it to find out "oh, that one is for you honey, it's your secret santa gift from TGO."  I thought to myself, that box is huge!  :stunned:

Being slightly frustrated that I hadn't noticed this earlier, I quickly ran for my trusty knife to open the package with.  I took a few pics along the way from start to finish. 

The monstrous box.

2EED94AD-8424-4BA9-BCD1-7A2DC409C25A_zps

Opened it and pulled out all the packing paper to find a Drago Tracker backpack.  

03A9DF09-5E13-4D57-82F6-2A4730EDD567_zps

I was totally pumped about that since I have been looking for a 3-day pack for sometime now. :woohoo:

Pulled it out to look through the pockets and thought to myself "this thing feels kind of heavy."   :shrug:

Got the big pocket opened to find a bunch more goodies!  :up:

EC51EDF7-489E-4118-909A-1523F205C830_zps

2 Blackhawk mag pouches, 2 G19 mags, 2 G23 mags, a Drago 16" expandable baton, and some 5.11 socks!

4259628B-0E3C-4600-96A4-C2C8753DFD70_zps

What an awesome Secret Santa!! The wife and I argued whether the baton was an appropriate means of discipline for our soon-to-be son (due in April), but I think we both agreed there are probably better options.  My carry guns are the the G19 or the G23, so the mags and pouches are awesome.  And the socks (which I've worn to work tonight) are really comfortable and warm, but not too thick to make your shoe feel full.

Thanks Santa for such an awesome gift!  :wave:  :up:  :woohoo:  :hat:

Edited by npgunner
mine came this evening.

santa sent some shoot-n-c targets, 2 glock t-shirts, an e-lander 30 and c products ar mags, ar receiver tube, receiver plate and castle nut, a2 grip, glock mag w/ +2 extension, and a schrade knife.

all will be put to good use. THANKS SANTA!
Guest TankerHC

I picked up mine today and want to say really, thanks to the sender. Right on the money. I collect die cast Armor. Have over 200, plus the models I built and also, Corgi, Dragon and Unimax die cast. My grandfather landed on Utah beach with 4th ID. Been thinking about building a diorama of the landing in 4th ID's area but hadn't decided how (Which scale), I have been collecting the photo's,  decided today when I got these in the mail, going to use the Corgi series and keep it at 1/50th Scale (Which I think these are) and I didn't know Corgi had launched an entire double Utah Beach (I and II) 60th Anniversary series until I saw the back of the box today.

:up:  :up:

20131213_002542_zpsca172589.jpg

I picked up mine today and want to say really, thanks to the sender. Right on the money. I collect die cast Armor. Have over 200, plus the models I built and also, Corgi, Dragon and Unimax die cast. My grandfather landed on Utah beach with 4th ID. Been thinking about building a diorama of the landing in 4th ID's area but hadn't decided how (Which scale), I have been collecting the photo's,  decided today when I got these in the mail, going to use the Corgi series and keep it at 1/50th Scale (Which I think these are) and I didn't know Corgi had launched an entire double Utah Beach (I and II) 60th Anniversary series until I saw the back of the box today.

:up:  :up:

20131213_002542_zpsca172589.jpg

That's good stuff Tanker!!

DaveS

Mine came today. All I have to say is somebody has definitely been reading my posts, and that somebody is also awesome. I got a new 15-22 magazine that I was in bad need of (it was in the package, but I tore it open just like a little kid on Christmas morning lol) and an awesome Morakniv fixed blade with sheath. I don't know who you are, but I sure am thankful. raby9y6y.jpg

Received my Secret Santa package today.  I grabbed it and opened it up while I was waiting to pick my daughter up from school since I was early in line.  I was blown away, when I opened it up there was a pair of mossy oak merino socks that are the same ones I wear.  There was also a set of Magpul FDE PTS MBUS in there but where it got

really good was in reading the letter SS wrote.

SS had also placed a bubble wrap envelope in the box and after reading the letter I opened it up.  I'll be damn it was a handmade deer antler pen; it's probably the coolest damn gift I could get. Kudos on this one KKing, you're one awesome dude and that is some fabulous work. I carry a montblanc signature pen usually in my bag and it just got replaced. Can't say enough good stuff about it but I was so elated when I saw it I took a picture and shared it with my dad and wife, here it is.  

Merry Christmas everyone and thanks again KKing!

1386986593_zps84cee25a.jpg 

• Like 4

[quote name="Slpeod" post="1078658" timestamp="1386986924"]Received my Secret Santa package today. I grabbed it and opened it up while I was waiting to pick my daughter up from school since I was early in line. I was blown away, when I opened it up there was a pair of mossy oak merino socks that are the same ones I wear. There was also a set of Magpul FDE PTS MBUS in there but where it got really good was in reading the letter SS wrote. SS had also placed a bubble wrap envelope in the box and after reading the letter I opened it up. I'll be damn it was a handmade deer antler pen; it's probably the coolest damn gift I could get. Kudos on this one KKing, you're [size=4]one awesome dude and that is some fabulous work. I carry a montblanc signature pen usually in my bag and it just got replaced. Can't say enough good stuff about it but I was so elated when I saw it I took a picture and shared it with my dad and wife, here it is. [/size] [size=4]Merry Christmas everyone and thanks again KKing![/size] [size=4]1386986593_zps84cee25a.jpg [/size][/quote] That pen is a fine piece of workmanship. Congrats.

• Like 1

[quote name="Slpeod" post="1078658" timestamp="1386986924"]Received my Secret Santa package today. I grabbed it and opened it up while I was waiting to pick my daughter up from school since I was early in line. I was blown away, when I opened it up there was a pair of mossy oak merino socks that are the same ones I wear. There was also a set of Magpul FDE PTS MBUS in there but where it got really good was in reading the letter SS wrote. SS had also placed a bubble wrap envelope in the box and after reading the letter I opened it up. I'll be damn it was a handmade deer antler pen; it's probably the coolest damn gift I could get. Kudos on this one KKing, you're [size=4]one awesome dude and that is some fabulous work. I carry a montblanc signature pen usually in my bag and it just got replaced. Can't say enough good stuff about it but I was so elated when I saw it I took a picture and shared it with my dad and wife, here it is. [/size] [size=4]Merry Christmas everyone and thanks again KKing![/size] [size=4]1386986593_zps84cee25a.jpg [/size][/quote] I hope ya enjoy it man. Machining is in my blood, even though I didn't choose it as a career path as my dad.

[quote name="KKing" post="1078671" timestamp="1386987761"]I hope ya enjoy it man. Machining is in my blood, even though I didn't choose it as a career path as my dad.[/quote] Greatly appreciated my friend, many thanks. You definitely have it in your blood, it's a fine piece.

Mine came today. All I have to say is somebody has definitely been reading my posts, and that somebody is also awesome. I got a new 15-22 magazine that I was in bad need of (it was in the package, but I tore it open just like a little kid on Christmas morning lol) and an awesome Morakniv fixed blade with sheath. I don't know who you are, but I sure am thankful.
raby9y6y.jpg

You my friend are a hard one to shop for. :D

The Mora is becoming a tradition for me, if I don't know the perfect gift from now on I'll get one of those as everyone needs one, even if they already have one they need another.

I was really sweating on the other part of the gift, then I saw a post you made about looking for 15-22 mags. Looked online and all the usual suspects were sold out, luckily I found some local.

If you need more mags shoot me a PM and I'll let you know where I got that one, they had plenty.
[quote name="TrickyNicky" post="1078692" timestamp="1386989071"]You my friend are a hard one to shop for. :D The Mora is becoming a tradition for me, if I don't know the perfect gift from now on I'll get one of those as everyone needs one, even if they already have one they need another. I was really sweating on the other part of the gift, then I saw a post you made about looking for 15-22 mags. Looked online and all the usual suspects were sold out, luckily I found some local. If you need more mags shoot me a PM and I'll let you know where I got that one, they had plenty.[/quote] Man I couldn't ask for any better. Sorry to be any trouble, but you sure did well. Very, very much appreciated. What an awesome way to kick off Christmas
  • Like 2