Weird event at Walmart

DaveS

Next time you're in a restaurant and you see a husband and wife eating with their well-behaved minor children, quietly call the waitress aside and pay their bill anonymously.

Done and done.

I've done this several times in the past, especially if I see a member of the Armed forces in uniform, with or without his/her family.

• Like 1

what does the lady's race have to do with it?  
what did I miss?

Nothing other than I was describing the person who was showing an act of kindess to someone. If she was green I would have said that too.

Dave

Next time you're in a restaurant and you see a husband and wife eating with their well-behaved minor children, quietly call the waitress aside and pay their bill anonymously.

Done and done.

I was thinking that, or one of our many military veteran amputees that frequent the local businesses. I have to pick the right person and then feel good about it.

Dave

• Like 1
After thinking more about this,this is a great thread, but, I hope that nice lady doesn't give gods money to the 22 cal ammo hoarders at wal mart cause they look underprivileged.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling. Edited by Dustbuster
My brother-in-law sent my young kids gift cards for Christmas. He also included second gift cards for each kid to give away. He asked that each kid write him a letter to tell him about their encounter when they gave it away. Great lesson for the kids and they really enjoyed it. Just let people enjoy the act of giving.

If you haven't made a decision yet, there's always the layaway angel idea. Just pay the money on someone's account.
  • Like 3

Well, here's what I did; While attending my Civil War Artillery units meeting today and while sitting in the dinning room of a local restaurant , I observed an elderly couple come in the door and sit down. The gentleman was wearing a black ball cap that said "WWII Veteran" and the word "Army", and it was adorned with a few award ribbons and a pair of Airborne Jump Wings and a 101st Screaming eagle pin. Him and his wife ate Schnitzel dinners and had coffee. I went up to the counter to pay for my lunch and I asked the waitress for their bill. She gave me a strange look and laid it on the counter. I handed her my card and said "Tell them their dinner is took care of and his service during WWII is greatly appreciated". Their lunch cost me $32 and some change but so what. I would have paid for it no matter what it cost. Me and a couple friends watched as the waitress went over to their table a little bit later and bent down to speak to the elderly couple, I'm guessing to explain that someone paid for their meal. He briefly look around the room (we were about 12 feet away) and it appeared that he was wiping his eyes. Paying it forward is done!

Airborne!

Dave

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 11

Well, here's what I did; While attending my Civil War Artillery units meeting today and while sitting in the dinning room of a local restaurant , I observed an elderly couple come in the door and sit down. The gentleman was wearing a black ball cap that said "WWII Veteran" and the word "Army", and it was adorned with a few award ribbons and a pair of Airborne Jump Wings and a 101st Screaming eagle pin. Him and his wife ate Schnitzel dinners and had coffee. I went up to the counter to pay for my lunch and I asked the waitress for their bill. She gave me a strange look and laid it on the counter. I handed her my card and said "Tell them their dinner is took care of and his service during WWII is greatly appreciated". Their lunch cost me $32 and some change but so what. I would have paid for it no matter what it cost. Me and a couple friends watched as the waitress went over to their table a little bit later and bent down to speak to the elderly couple, I'm guessing to explain that someone paid for their meal. He briefly look around the room (we were about 12 feet away) and it appeared that he was wiping his eyes. Paying it forward is done!

Airborne!

Dave

Now that's how the lady felt when she gave you the money. She did herself, you, and the elderly couple all a great favor. No telling what he'll do to pay it forward. I like the idea.

Now that's how the lady felt when she gave you the money. She did herself, you, and the elderly couple all a great favor. No telling what he'll do to pay it forward. I like the idea.

I wish I could hear how they explained that. I know how I feel about it. The group I was with thought it was awesome!

Dave