Murfreesboro Gun Show

Went early Saturday, was a pretty good show. Saw a few guns reasonably priced, picked up a few small things. But the highlight of the show was meeting David and buying bullets and primers from him. He was super nice, gave me a great TGO deal, and tossed in a small gift when I purchased in bulk. I had gone to the show primarily to meet him and give him some business, because I was impressed by his generous offers for TGO members in the past, especially holding 22 for members at very low prices when he could have easily sold it for more. If I had the extra cash I would have spent more than a grand with him, but for now had to be content to get what I could and take his business card for future purchases. David is a class act, and I thank God for the many great people like him in our shooting community.

It's hard to find a nicer guy than David. And, I'll say thet right in front of him :)

• Like 4
[quote name="gregintenn" post="1097641" timestamp="1390142806"]Anybody know the old #### who was toward the back corner and had a table of 550 round Federals for $75 per box? I sorta wanted to kick him in the crotch, but I guess my frustrations would be better directed at the people who were buying from him.[/quote] I hate the ammo shortage, hoarding, and high prices as much as the next guy, maybe even more because I frequently teach kids and new shooters, so I go through a lot of ammo and gear, often at my own expense. But I take a different view of the people selling 22, regardless of their prices. First we have to remember that simple economics drive the market, so any time supply is low and demand is high you will have higher prices. And in many cases the costs go up at the same time so higher prices don't always mean increased profits. If someone is willing to pay more and a seller makes a little more profit then that is just part of capitalism at work, a big part of why America is the best nation on earth. Also remember that those gun show dealers had to spend a lot of time, gas, and money (and maybe call in some favors) to get the ammo to start with. Then they had to drive to the show early, pay at least $70 to get a table, and sit there for 16 hours giving up their weekend. Then add in the cost of their (crappy) meals while stuck at the show, and retail taxes if they pay those, and they actually don't make as much profit as you think. If someone offered me $20 or even $50 cash profit to give up a huge chunk of my weekend, drive several hours, and buy some ammo then deliver it to them, I would decline as my time alone is worth more than that to me. So while I don't like the ammo shortage or high prices, I am actually grateful for the few dealers that do have 22 for sale at any price, as it at least gives someone a chance to buy ammo if they have a great need, until the supply chain catches up and prices come down again. The best thing we can do to stabilize the market is to reduce our demand, quit hoarding, refuse to purchase at higher prices, and reward those sellers who went the extra mile to help us out during the shortage, often at their own expense. This is why David got my money at the show, and not the 2 guys selling 22 for $60-$100 per brick. Edited by wileecoyote

I hate the ammo shortage, hoarding, and high prices as much as the next guy, maybe even more because I frequently teach kids and new shooters, so I go through a lot of ammo and gear, often at my own expense. But I take a different view of the people selling 22, regardless of their prices. First we have to remember that simple economics drive the market, so any time supply is low and demand is high you will have higher prices. And in many cases the costs go up at the same time so higher prices don't always mean increased profits. If someone is willing to pay more and a seller makes a little more profit then that is just part of capitalism at work, a big part of why America is the best nation on earth. Also remember that those gun show dealers had to spend a lot of time, gas, and money (and maybe call in some favors) to get the ammo to start with. Then they had to drive to the show early, pay at least $70 to get a table, and sit there for 16 hours giving up their weekend. Then add in the cost of their (crappy) meals while stuck at the show, and retail taxes if they pay those, and they actually don't make as much profit as you think. If someone offered me $20 or even $50 cash profit to give up a huge chunk of my weekend, drive several hours, and buy some ammo then deliver it to them, I would decline as my time alone is worth more than that to me. So while I don't like the ammo shortage or high prices, I am actually grateful for the few dealers that do have 22 for sale at any price, as it at least gives someone a chance to buy ammo if they have a great need, until the supply chain catches up and prices come down again. The best thing we can do to stabilize the market is to reduce our demand, quit hoarding, refuse to purchase at higher prices, and reward those sellers who went the extra mile to help us out during the shortage, often at their own expense. This is why David got my money at the show, and not the 2 guys selling 22 for $60-$100 per brick.

I know well how economics works. I also sincerely hope the #### loses his ### trying to turn a dollar on them. I never said it was illegal, immoral, nor do I wish for the government to step in and regulate him. I simply hope he fails at this endeavor. If that's wrong, it won't be my first time.

Guest Lowbuster

well everybody stop by and say hello as I don't do many shows in middle tn
I am the one with the m2 browing on a table

I'm not sure if this is you, but about two years ago in knoxville, I talked to a man at expo center with a m2 on his table. I told him after we talked a few minutes I was not an AR fan. I'll never forget the look on his face. He seemed genuine, polite, and very knowledgable.
Does this sound familiar?

Went early Saturday, was a pretty good show. Saw a few guns reasonably priced, picked up a few small things. But the highlight of the show was meeting David and buying bullets and primers from him. He was super nice, gave me a great TGO deal, and tossed in a small gift when I purchased in bulk. I had gone to the show primarily to meet him and give him some business, because I was impressed by his generous offers for TGO members in the past, especially holding 22 for members at very low prices when he could have easily sold it for more. If I had the extra cash I would have spent more than a grand with him, but for now had to be content to get what I could and take his business card for future purchases. David is a class act, and I thank God for the many great people like him in our shooting community.

you are too kind

I'm not sure if this is you, but about two years ago in knoxville, I talked to a man at expo center with a m2 on his table. I told him after we talked a few minutes I was not an AR fan. I'll never forget the look on his face. He seemed genuine, polite, and very knowledgable.

don't know but come to the one next week and ask for me at the door and they will point me out at the door

What a coincidence. David had an M2 on his table yesterday. Damn things are everywhere  :rofl:

I was looking for a Pistol Buffer kit for my TGO build.  After being told by one vendor that his were $60 and out of stock because they were less than I could find them ANYWHERE else, I talked to the guy across the aisle and bought one made in USA for $52.

Always like this show.