My EDC Kershaw Freefall

Guest Gustafa

Guest Gustafa

As a new guy here, thought I would share my edc and my new favorite inexpensive blade, the Kershaw Freefall.

It's a modified tanto blade, I love the belly, just enough curve to slice through things easier. 

Just thought I'd share!

201452Wk2-11sm_zpse1c832d3.jpg

201452Wk2-4sm_zps19c868c4.jpg

201452Wk2-7sm_zpsc727a4a0.jpg

201452Wk2-9sm_zps33283aed.jpg

201452Wk2-1sm_zps1faecb15.jpg

Edited by Gustafa
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you take those pics?

How do you like the end mounted clip? One screw, looks like it could shift some. Does it?

How long have you edc'd it? How is it holding up (blade play, lockup, etc)?

Can't tell from your pics, but whats the width? Does it feel chunky in the pocket? Can we get a better shot of that lanyard hole at the end of the grip? It looks plasticy, is it?

Thanks for sharing, sorry for the barrage of questions, just curious!

Guest Gustafa

Did you take those pics?

How do you like the end mounted clip? One screw, looks like it could shift some. Does it?

How long have you edc'd it? How is it holding up (blade play, lockup, etc)?

Can't tell from your pics, but whats the width? Does it feel chunky in the pocket? Can we get a better shot of that lanyard hole at the end of the grip? It looks plasticy, is it?

Thanks for sharing, sorry for the barrage of questions, just curious!

Dang, Joe!

Ok, in order that you asked:

Yes, I took the photos. That's how I make my living. :)

The end clip came a little loose, nothing a T6 twist didn't fix. Kershaw is infamous for their lock-tite from time to time. It does not shift anymore.

I've been carrying it for a month. No issues, hardly ever notice it in my right pocket clipped. It's holding up just fine. Never had an issue with any blade play, shifting, looseness, etc. Not a single lockup either. It's an internal lock, not a frame, so no issues there either.

Width is just under a half inch thick. This is no Leek or slim line, its solid. Not chunky is the pocket and I will check and see if I have something of lanyard area later.

It's not plasticy to me. The grips are glass filled nylon, so it feels more woodish, especially whens its been warm from being on your person.

Yes, it's a budget knife, but it's built solid and the stone washed blade is solid too.

Guest Gustafa

Nice pics.  What's the height of the blade from the edge to the back and how thick is the back of the blade?

Remember its a curved belly, so at its thickest part, the height is 1-1/8", the width at the back is a hair over 1/16".

The straight part (long cutting edge) of the blade isn't a straight line.  Its curved.  hold a straight edge against it and part of it will poke out.  

Gustafa, we'll have to get together some time.  You can check out some of the things that I carry.  

The straight part (long cutting edge) of the blade isn't a straight line.  Its curved.  hold a straight edge against it and part of it will poke out.  

Gustafa, we'll have to get together some time.  You can check out some of the things that I carry.  

Ah.  Google has since made me somewhat informed as well.  Thanks.  :up:

Dang, Joe!

Ok, in order that you asked:

Yes, I took the photos. That's how I make my living. :)

The end clip came a little loose, nothing a T6 twist didn't fix. Kershaw is infamous for their lock-tite from time to time. It does not shift anymore.

I've been carrying it for a month. No issues, hardly ever notice it in my right pocket clipped. It's holding up just fine. Never had an issue with any blade play, shifting, looseness, etc. Not a single lockup either. It's an internal lock, not a frame, so no issues there either.

Width is just under a half inch thick. This is no Leek or slim line, its solid. Not chunky is the pocket and I will check and see if I have something of lanyard area later.

It's not plasticy to me. The grips are glass filled nylon, so it feels more woodish, especially whens its been warm from being on your person.

Yes, it's a budget knife, but it's built solid and the stone washed blade is solid too.

Thanks for the quick answers and the review! I really do enjoy most of my budget Kershaws. Only ones I don't are too chunky. It looked like this one, with it's beveled scales, would be comfortable. Just checking!

Also, excellent pics. Thanks for sharing them!

Guest Gustafa

Yea, this spring my schedule is going have a hole here and there, we will shout!

Guest Gustafa

Thanks, Whitewolf. I've looked at the Blurs, and they are great, I'm more partial to non-serrated tantos myself. I've got my eyes on a few 2014 ZT's and Kershaws. Trying to hunt down some 2014 pics of the new SOG's and see if they have anything affordable.

Just ordered a custom Hull hunting knife for my dad, hand-made here in TN. Damascus blade, pretty slick.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nick@NKG

Oh, and the new Emerson collabs could be huge for both EKI and KAI.  I just wish they would make a few without the wave.  

Cant wait till those bad boy come out! I am a Retailer I hope I can get them soon!