Stores and Trades in Chattanooga

Guest AR15thur

Guest AR15thur

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, and this could very well be in the wrong forum, if so, let me know and I'll move it.

But I've got a Sig P250 that I'm looking to possibly trade up at a gun store or somewhere for something different.

Does anyone of a decent place in the Chattanooga area to do so? Somewhere that would give me a fair trade preferably.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AR15thur
Hello, and welcome to TGO. What are you looking to trade for? We're about an hour up I-24, love to make trades, and have a few guns for you to look at... :(

Dan Overcast

Well, i'm not entirely sure yet, probably an XD, Baby Eagle, or Beretta PX4.

The trigger pull on the P250 is just something I haven't gotten used to yet. It's in great condition. I bought it from a family member who bought it new, so it's been cared for, I'm just not loving the gun like I want to.

Sadly with the closing of Darrs the good trading stores in Chattanooga are no more.All that is left are pricks and rectums.Everyone here seems to like Hero Gear so that and $50 for gas over and back there seems like your best option.I calls em likes I sees em.:(

Guest abailey362

www.skipsfirearms.com he's a vendor here. Shop is only open on wednesdays right now.

easy way to sell is 1. participate in discussions and get 50 posts and place an ad in the trading post here 2. try on lsn 3. classifieds 4. drive around east ridge and tell people you have a gun to get rid of.

Hmm,try placing an ad in the Times-Free Press.There is a gun show in Dayton next weekend as well.A personable dealer with a good location and open 9-6 M-F and 10-4 on Sat.would make a killing in Chattanooga.Sadly I am not a dealer nor have the funds to open a store.

www.skipsfirearms.com he's a vendor here. Shop is only open on wednesdays right now.

easy way to sell is 1. participate in discussions and get 50 posts and place an ad in the trading post here 2. try on lsn 3. classifieds 4. drive around east ridge and tell people you have a gun to get rid of.

There is actually a dealer in East Ridge.But he only does transfers or orders guns,you also have to call him for an appointment.:(:panic:

Guest AR15thur

lol at the driving around East Ridge. I live closer to Brainer though, I'd probably have the same luck there if I didn't get blasted trying to sell it.

and i have a buddy on the north side of the state who does appointment only ordering and selling, but he did that for the requirements to get his FFL, so that might be what the East Ridge guy is doing.

my roomate has had good luck selling some firearms through the classifieds in the times-free press.

Brainerd aint that bad.. I live next to eastgate, nice, quiet street.

Guest AR15thur
my roomate has had good luck selling some firearms through the classifieds in the times-free press.

yea i know i was just kidding. i live on lee hwy/east brainer, so i'm not too far from where you are

Guest mikedwood

I'd take a ride to Hero Gear if I were you. I went there today and they have a selection of firearms and stuff related to like I have never seen in my life except at a gun show. Probably a larger selection than some gun shows. It's unreal.

Can't go wrong with a short drive to Winchester. Joe and Dan will help you with your needs. They have just about any type of handgun you would want or rifle for that matter. They are fair and reasonable which is hard to find these days. Hero-Gear,give them a call ,better yet drive on out and see for your self. Don"t waste your gas in Chattanooga or time.

I have not been over there in a while but Benton Shooters has a good selection and I am sure they trade as well.It cracks me up when people suggest you drive half way across the state with gas at 4 dollers a gallon to get a deal.It better be a God Damn good one for what gas costs to get there and back.

Nice quiet street in Brainerd! :tough: Seriously!

Your in my neck of the woods.I live right over by the golf course!Hi neighbor! :)

It cracks me up when people suggest you drive half way across the state with gas at 4 dollers a gallon to get a deal.It better be a God Damn good one for what gas costs to get there and back.

+1 Yeah there wont be much of a deal left after you fork out all that gas money.Go see Benton's or Skip.You wont be disappointed!

Yeah, driving halfway across the State would be crazy.

But, driving from Chattanooga to Hero-Gear is 65 miles.

Simple math:

65 miles @ 20mpg = 3.25 gallons x 4.00 per gallon = 13 dollars each way or 26 bucks round trip.

I aways suggest you explore and exhaust all local options before you drive to another dealer, or buy off the internet.

If you have done all of this, and still cant find an honest dealer willing to work fair numbers on your trade that also have the selection you are looking for; im sure we can MORE than make up for that 26 bucks spent.

Guest AR15thur
Nice quiet street in Brainerd! :tough: Seriously!

Your in my neck of the woods.I live right over by the golf course!Hi neighbor! :)

quote]

Yea I'm right between Lee Hwy and E. Brainerd, so we live pretty close.

Another question to those around me. Where the heck do you guys go to shoot? I know of a couple indoor pistol ranges but haven't visited them, and there's nowhere around here that I know of that they'll let me shoot my AR-15.

Usually my shooting gets done at my parent's or in-law's house, but that's an hour's drive away, and I'd like somewhere closer to shoot.