Ammo at academy

Dustbuster

Same hoarder camp out crap going on at academy.I'm going to invest my personal time to expose the ass cracks. How long has it been and still no 22 lr ??? Cause of them???
Apparently 10 of these goobers are hitting the stores in mid tn at the same time. I'm willing to donate a website just to post photos of the problem for all to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.
  • Like 2

if it's the same people and it's a problem, the store could handle the issue easily.  I don't see anything wrong with it at all, when people stop paying their asking price, they'll stop buying and reselling.

• Like 1
I hear ya Sam, I love free enterprize but if they wanna buy for resale they can open a business and pay tax and get a license and go through distribution and oh wait ... That's the way it's supposed to be done....
I'll just embarrass the crap out of em just to level the scale.... No one should have to hunt 22lr like it's an antidote for a dying child.... Am just tired of it. 9 mos ago ok now? No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.
  • Like 1

Saw something today that helped it make sense how the guys are getting all the ammo. Walmart in Murfreesboro had a sign up that said "all ammo that is received will be put out at x:xx AM daily. Nothing like advertising to the resellers only.

Guest Keal G Seo

Pick up your phone next time and start a loud speech about it while video recording and keep going until an employee asks you to stop filming the private property. And just post to YouTube. Really wanna mess with them? Get a quick clear shot of their faces without saying anything. Wait for them outside and as they are walking to their cars then start your speech and make sure to get their plates.

The trick is to get everything done before an employee can tell you to stop filming.

Edited by Keal G Seo

Post their pictures all over Armslist and the firearms related Facebook pages. There's a black guy in the Antioch area who must have some sort of inside track to the .22 at his local Wal-Mart, because he has a different selection of .22 for sale at least 2 or 3 times a week. 

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 1
Ammo is available in other parts of the country... I was in Academy in Montgomery a couple weeks ago and back in September and could get as much 9 as I wanted. My friend down there just bought 1500 rounds of .22 last week.

The only way I have gotten any .22LR in the last year has been by going to Academy at opening time.  The last time I went, there were 10-12 guys there when I arrived 5 minutes before opening.  We formed a polite, single-file line as we walked back to the gun counter.  The large bulk packs went first; I was the second to last in line and got a 550 round box.  They still had several 100 round CCI Mini-Mags when I left at 9:30 am.  From the conversations that I overheard, I don't think most (or possibly any) of the other guys were re sellers.  There seemed to be a general sentiment of how hard .22s are to find.  I have only done that a few times in the last year, so I don't know if any of those guys were regulars.  I do remember that one time there was no one waiting, and it turned out they did not get much of a shipment that day.  It made me wonder if everyone but me has an inside source that sends out the "come and get it" call.  

I sold a SR22 because it's become easier to replace the 9 mm I use than .22.  I had originally bought the SR22 1 year before the Great Panic as a lower cost practice option, but that went out the window in the last year.

I would say see how many days you can take pics or video of the same guys just to make sure it is the same ones every day. If so, then post that to the forums with links to YouTube. They have no standing to complain about being recorded in a public place. Like others have said, only the store reps can ask you to stop.