Ouch an ad story

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should have had it loaded with hard balls. Bad joke.

Could have easily shot himself in the femorial artery also. I don't have any plans to have my handgun discharge in my holster but I always carry in a belt holster on my right hip, never cared for any other carry mode. I still don't want a 230gr bullet in my right outside thigh.

Interesting that this is posted now, as I was reading the thread about the smart carry the other day.

I’m a fanatic about weapon retention so I won’t use a holster that isn’t leather with a thumb break. But that’s just because of my experiences.

I didn’t think the smart carry looked safe. But I dismissed it because it also looks very uncomfortable. If you had to run wouldn’t the full weight on the weapon be pounding you in the sack?

The holster is made of a material that will cling to the liner of your pocket. I draw the pistol as I apply pressure against the holster and it comes out cleanly with the Nemesis still in my pocket. It works very well. My only concern was the safety of this type of carry.

The holster is made of a material that will cling to the liner of your pocket. I draw the pistol as I apply pressure against the holster and it comes out cleanly with the Nemesis still in my pocket. It works very well. My only concern was the safety of this type of carry.

Yeah, I never had much prob with Nemesis staying in pocket. I have another one for old Charter .38, comes out fine, too.

As with any holster though, DON'T TOUCH TRIGGER while drawing it.

- OS

Interesting that this is posted now, as I was reading the thread about the smart carry the other day.

I’m a fanatic about weapon retention so I won’t use a holster that isn’t leather with a thumb break. But that’s just because of my experiences.

I didn’t think the smart carry looked safe. But I dismissed it because it also looks very uncomfortable. If you had to run wouldn’t the full weight on the weapon be pounding you in the sack?

+1

Grip safety anyone?

Guest Phantom6

And they call this type of holster "SmartCarry"? I've told Mars for years that that thunderwear type of stuff would be a no-go as far as I was concerned. I wouldn't want to take a chance of blowing up something I might wish to use later in the evening.

I too used to carry a DeSantis Nemisis but I have switched to their new SuperFly. That's what I carry my American Express card (read Seecamp) in.

If you are handed a firearm that unintentionally discharges, you have only yourself to blame if you are too stupid, too shy, or too intimidated to recheck the firearm handed to you. This is the handler's responsibility, nobody elses.

Bullets and triggers are unforgiving things. They will expose your incompetence every time.

Kosch was arrested on robbery and criminal recklessness charges. Police say they are still searching for the gun. Kosch is still hoping they find his right nut 9tnyqg.gif

Tellingly, Paige informs his supervisor he had a "AD" or accidental discharge. He, to this day, as shown by his lawsuit, has refused to accept responsibility for his actions. :D

Bowyer stated to Bainbridge Public Safety Officer Ray Cox that while loading the handgun, it misfired. The handgun fired off seven bullets, one of which struck Mrs. Bowyer in the lower right abdomen, Cofer said. :drama: