preferred type of smoker for smoking brisket pork etc

Dustbuster

which is, is, the last thing id ever want to post on a forum but, which is a better way to go w a smoker?, i was considering a 30" electric for a starter. the other choice was going w propane. I know we have some pros on here hence my question:

propane or electric? preferred brand that wont rot in a year? i know to avoid the window, am looking to do some average stuff with it, not volume,lotsa brands i was thinking brinkman or masterbuilt?? as usual all help appreciated!

Edited by Dustbuster

I use a charcoal/wood smoker as of now, but am going to buy an electric one. Me personally, I wouldn't have a propane smoker, mainly because I wouldn't want to get half way through smoking and run out of gas. That's just me though. You should always have electricity unless you go camping. You'll need a generator or charcoal smoker.

Dave

How is it Raoul?

Dave

It's good. We usually do a piece of pig about every 4 or 5 weeks. I used to have a charcoal smoker and it worked just fine. But with the gas I just get the temp where I want it and all I have to do is add a little hickory to the smoke tray occasionally.

I've even used the smoker to cook a leg of lamb without the smoke.

We use the 40" masterbuilt electric smokehouse. Super easy to use. Dad can adjust the temperature with the remote control while drinking beer in the shade. You can see everything through the window so no need to open it up and lose the heat or smoke. We love it. During the summer it is used at least once a week!
I ended up w a 30 master built electric digital. I did the break in thing, will be working on a test beer can chicken this weekend. Ms db thinks I'm crazy reading about shoulders and examining briskets at the grocery store...lots of tricks to it should be fun. Thanks for the input !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.
  • Like 1