"Smart" Guns. Looks like they are here.

Guest semiautots

As one well versed in computer and smart device technology I strongly oppose "Smart Guns" I carry a GLOCK 23  (3rd Gen) or a S&W 642 because of  one simple factor: Mechanical .Simplicity! Too many gimmicks in a weapon simply set you up for a malfunctioning weapon when you really need the weapon. Your battery goes dead or the chip malfunctions in either the gun or the watch/ring and you are literally "dead in the water". Any addition to the weapon other than the minimum mechanics necessary for function simply increases the possibility that the weapon will not be functional when you are in dire straits. Murphy's Law prevails!

• Like 1

The tech is not the problem.   It even has some few merits for LEOs etc, though really, how many officers have been killed by their own weapon (in the hands of someone else)?   The problem is mandates that all guns have it etc, which is of course idiotic.   And as already said that assumes it actually works, and does not fail under sustained recoil and GI type abuse of the activation item etc.  

I kind of hope that big gun control cities get the joy of retro-fitting or replacing EVERY SINGLE FIREARM they have with one that will cost about THREE TIMES as much + constant batteries for the activation radio item.   The idea of liberals bankrupting themselves appeals to me.  

Edited by Jonnin

And these guns are 'smart' why, exactly?

Smart now means "capable of spying on you" for phones,  "unable to survive a crash"  for vehicles,  "too small and aggravating to live in" for a home,  or able to get above a C average in public schooling.   Basically, the word "smart" does not mean what you think it means, it has been nerfed to mean other things (mostly, same as always, to further a leftist agenda by applying a positive adjective to something in order to sell the concept -- this is the same idea but opposite strategy of applying negative words to things they wish to destroy such as "assault" rifles).

• Like 1

The tech is not the problem.   It even has some few merits for LEOs etc, though really, how many officers have been killed by their own weapon (in the hands of someone else)?   The problem is mandates that all guns have it etc, which is of course idiotic.   And as already said that assumes it actually works, and does not fail under sustained recoil and GI type abuse of the activation item etc.  

I kind of hope that big gun control cities get the joy of retro-fitting or replacing EVERY SINGLE FIREARM they have with one that will cost about THREE TIMES as much + constant batteries for the activation radio item.   The idea of liberals bankrupting themselves appeals to me.  

More than you might think, actually. Why do you think there's such a market for security holsters? Prison yard videos show the asshats practicing disarming techniques.

More than you might think, actually. Why do you think there's such a market for security holsters? Prison yard videos show the asshats practicing disarming techniques.

And that is fine.  I would even suggest that officers be allowed to CHOOSE to have such a device added to their firearm (same as individual gun owners).   The mandate in NJ is offensive, but liberals are the problem, not the device.

And that is fine.  I would even suggest that officers be allowed to CHOOSE to have such a device added to their firearm (same as individual gun owners).   The mandate in NJ is offensive, but liberals are the problem, not the device.

They prove to be crap. Back in the day I remember someone pushing a magnetic ring that the officer was to wear on their shooting hand, but the problem was it wasn't reliable, the ring could be lost, and what if your shooting hand is disabled?

Edited by SWJewellTN