Pres Debate

Guest canynracer

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dragonman
Honestly, I can't imagine voting for either, but I also can't see how anyone couldn't see how Obama won this one...
Media's liberal they'll say Obama won even if he didn't say a single word the whole time.
yah, but musicman, when obama says he's "present"...that's not a yea or nay...he's just saying he showed up to work..not that he did anything.:tinfoil:

Yep, I understand that. That's why I said voting record, not attendance record. :rofl:

Don't get me wrong, I'm voting for McCain, but I think it's sad that most of our country can be swayed by a polished speaker, regardless of depth or issues. I have done lots of public speaking myself, and actually used to compete (and usually win) in regional speaking events. Obama is a much better speaker. I still don't trust him. That and I flat disagree with him on most things.

Guest GUTTERbOY
I hope so! I want to see what Sarah Palin has to say!

Yup, I'm way more interested in seeing her take on Biden. Tonight's debate was, for the most part, just a 90-minute rehash of the campaigns themes up till now. Obama takes every opportunity to associate McCain with GWB. McCain takes every opportunity to allude to his superior experience. In between the two, there were some good exchanges, but I found them to be few and far between.

I definitely didn't come away from the thing feeling like I knew anything really new about the candidates.

Now that's just a low blow right there. What, is Obama just never supposed to admit that he agrees with McCain on anything?

No, not in a debate or election, I don't think because you're trying to separate yourself from the other candidate. It's not like he's mudslinging. I think it props McCain more on his career that obama agrees with him.

At the end I would have probably turned to obama and said,

"Thank you Senator for the endorsements tonight. Since you agreed with me on so many issues tonight I'll be happy to accept you vote and I will be happy to be your President my friend."

At the end I would have probably turned to obama and said,

"Thank you Senator for the endorsements tonight. Since you agreed with me on so many issues tonight I'll be happy to accept you vote and I will be happy to be your President my friend."

That's would have been the new "age issue" sound bite!

I wish there was a "non of the above" ballot that would make both sides go back to the drawing board and present other candidates. Obama has no creditials for the office and McCain is not my favorite either. I will still support him however.

I missed the debate last night due to going to my wife's college graduation. Looking forward to the Palin debate much more though, not missing that one! She needs WAY more camera time than she's getting, but I'm assuming that they are having her prepare in advance for her debate with Biden. She's been turning down alot of interviews with the media, and havent seen much of her otherwise. So hopefully she'll come to that debate with plenty of ammo. (pun intended)