25,000rds of .22lr

I haven't bought 22 in years - probably at least 4 and maybe 5 years. We just don't shoot very much of it now that I am reloading.

Can someone remind me again what a brick of average quality 22 was going for?

thanks, mark

I haven't bought 22 in years - probably at least 4 and maybe 5 years. We just don't shoot very much of it now that I am reloading.

Can someone remind me again what a brick of average quality 22 was going for?

thanks, mark

In 20I0 was getting my fav, Blazer 40gr LRN, for under $20 a brick delivered, buying a case of 5,000, and it was still only about $22 about six months before the '12 election.

Average Wally price for the various 500/550 packs were still in the low $20's out the door before Nov 2012 also, and of course you could get them. After the election, things started getting tight and of course Sandy Hook changed everything virtually overnight.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
[quote name="crossfire" post="1124575" timestamp="1394818801"]Check out his other ammo auctions and what he has sold. He is not one of the WM breakfast club members. Wonder where he's getting his stock from?[/quote] A lot of people were/are taking advantage of backordering where possible. Those orders are being fulfilled, slowly but surely.

In 20I0 was getting my fav, Blazer 40gr LRN, for under $20 a brick delivered, buying a case of 5,000, and it was still only about $22 about six months before the '12 election.

2010 was the last time I bought any .22. My receipts show the 550 round Federal copper-washed bulk packs at Walmart were going for $15.47 + tax.

2010 was the last time I bought any .22. My receipts show the 550 round Federal copper-washed bulk packs at Walmart were going for $15.47 + tax.

I just scored the same 550 rounds Federal at WM, 2/15/2014 for $23.97 + tax

Asking price of just under 15cents per round at his price. Much as I hate to say it...that's getting close to the "new norm" around here.

Doesn't mean I like it though.

I know the saying is never say never but I can assure the universe I will not pay that kind of coin for 22

Mark