Lebanon show

I live nearby so go most of the time, mainly out of boredom, and typically come away disappointed. Even when buying a few small accessories it's never enough savings to cover the entry fee. I've been to quite a few shows in middle TN but this is one of the smallest, and seems to have the highest percentage of browsers that come in with a bunch of guns hoping to sell or trade them, they never have cash to buy anything. The majority of these guys ask ridiculous prices for their guns which are usually in rough condition too, so rarely any good deals to be had on guns from dealers or private sellers. But what the heck, it's only $8 and parking is free. There's worse things to waste your money on.

You'd think Lebanon, with the help of an able promoter, could support a great gunshow. So far, however, the Lebanon shows I've attended blow like a category 5 tornado. I'm not going to another one until I hear different.

It most definitely is a strange situation. It's a great central location. Easily reached from about any direction. Good population numbers pretty much all around.

But just doesn't seem to draw the vendors or the crowds necessary for a great gun show.

I've been to it about a dozen times, and sold with a vendor at half of them. It was always pretty slow, especially on Sundays, and even the busiest times were mostly people looking to sell or trade their own guns instead of bringing cash. So the small show size, low traffic, and lack of cash customers is what keeps many of the better dealers away, which in turn reduces the crowd even more. They are trying to find a bigger event center to hold a much larger show in Lebanon, and if successful I think it would be well attended, assuming the promoter gets the word out.
[quote name="seez52" post="1129084" timestamp="1395634116"]Could probably have it at the Natl guard armory and it would be an upgrade.[/quote]I heard there was a plan in the works to build a new event facility, and if completed they expect it would be one of the largest shows around. No word on time-frame though so it likely won't happen any time soon.

The event center is still being debated. Even if this happens, the size of the center does not automatically transform

this gun show into a major event. It will take a major promoter to pull this off. Current promoter doesn't seem to have

the ability to do so, according to results of their other shows at other venues.

Agreed, Lebanon is a great central location that should make for a good show. Like Goodman at Nashville, one small

building, $8 adm., just doesn't cut it. The majority of the traffic is private sales, and few dealers ( other than the standard

flea market crap ).

Every one is hitting the nail on the head with all the commets. The building is to small and god for bid anyone just show up with out a shower lol. But with less vendors on hand there is no real competition so prices asked can get out of hand if you know what I mean. Now dont get me wrong I have been able to get out of there with a deal or two. More times than not I have walked out feeling like I just got screwed and didnt buy a thing. I hope they can get a bigger place of corse with that comes higher fee to get in and higher fee to the vendors. Win lose I guess.  

With the promoter pulling out of the Hendersonville Expo center, saying he couldn't make any money there; You have to wonder if there really is enough interest in the midstate to get a really good gun show going.

I mean, look at all the dealing we do around here. Then there's Armslist, Gunbroker, GunsAmerica, and a couple of other sites I can't remember the names of, that get a lot of attention from all of us here; as well as other forums with classified areas.

Do you think maybe the era of the local gun show is waning? Perhaps only the very large ones will survive.

With the promoter pulling out of the Hendersonville Expo center, saying he couldn't make any money there; You have to wonder if there really is enough interest in the midstate to get a really good gun show going.

I mean, look at all the dealing we do around here. Then there's Armslist, Gunbroker, GunsAmerica, and a couple of other sites I can't remember the names of, that get a lot of attention from all of us here; as well as other forums with classified areas.

Do you think maybe the era of the local gun show is waning? Perhaps only the very large ones will survive.

I can't fathom why the Hendersonville show didn't make money. Everyone I've been to was packed with both vendors and customers.