Tank Town USA, anybody been there?

Guest PapaB

Guest PapaB

I just heard of Tank Town USA yesterday from a Fox and Friends video. Has anyone had any experience with them? There are some video's on youtube about them. Located in the hills of northern GA and looks like fun.

They dont have tanks. They have APC and a douce and a half. I talked to them over the phone. I also found out that if you buy a tank or APC from overseas, they will ship it to your house. I currently have $5000 in a special fund just so I can buy a 1966 BTR. And have it delivered. My neighbors thing I am crazy and this will push them over the edge. I have found a guy selling demilitarized T70 for around $25,000 and an extra $10,000 for shipping and custom fees and you have yourself a modded farm tractor. (no company is going to insure a soviet tank, so you have to make some key details about it up). And yes, I talked to the bosnian about it. Also, for a wheeled APC" all you need to make it road legal is mirrors and lights. I know, I know, "who in the hell knows all this stuff"?. I really want a tank.  :panic:

• Like 2
Guest semiautots

I dont miss the wash rack after 3 weeks of Hoenfelds Germany.

We didn't have a wash rack at Camp Casey.  Everything was dirty all the time.  Ft. Knox?  You're right!

We didn't have a wash rack at Camp Casey.  Everything was dirty all the time.  Ft. Knox?  You're right!

When I was at Knox it was all soup. Came off pretty easy.

The crap in Germany had some kind of two part epoxy mixed in with the mud. The mud laughed at me using a water cannon.
  • Like 1

When I was at Knox it was all soup. Came off pretty easy.

The crap in Germany had some kind of two part epoxy mixed in with the mud. The mud laughed at me using a water cannon.

Was it alabama clay? I will never go muddin in alabama again. Its far worse when that crap gets into the engine bay.

Back in the early 90's we restored an old surplus M3 Stuart which fortunately had been only parked & neglected in front of a VFW post, and thus spared the horrors of being sat out on a target range & blown all to hell.

Anyway the 37mm had been demilled & the machine guns had been removed but once we got the engine running we had to go take it out for a spin (or two, or three, or four, or every chance we could hahahhaa).

Anyway the tank was so small that we were able to take it on some excellent off-roading trails that snaked through the hills back behind the museum, which we (the military museum restorers) would regularly go try to get our personal "willies" muddy &/or stuck.

Since the Stuart didn't actually belong to us, we couldn't get too crazy with it, but skid steering that thing through the muds & woods was an absolute blast

RC3, you can get a Ferret cheaper.  Also street legal, and a little better on GPM.  It isn't amphibious, but the BTR is amphibious in much the same way a brick is.

DA, but its no btr. And with something, it will put all the excursion driving assholes in their place. And who doesn't want a eight wheeled behemoth?

They dont have tanks. They have APC and a douce and a half. I talked to them over the phone. I also found out that if you buy a tank or APC from overseas, they will ship it to your house. I currently have $5000 in a special fund just so I can buy a 1966 BTR. And have it delivered. My neighbors thing I am crazy and this will push them over the edge. I have found a guy selling demilitarized T70 for around $25,000 and an extra $10,000 for shipping and custom fees and you have yourself a modded farm tractor. (no company is going to insure a soviet tank, so you have to make some key details about it up). And yes, I talked to the bosnian about it. Also, for a wheeled APC" all you need to make it road legal is mirrors and lights. I know, I know, "who in the hell knows all this stuff"?. I really want a tank.  :panic:

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. To heck with the neighbors opinions.

I'm the lone conservative in a neighborhood full of flaming liberals. The "leader" has been in a snit since I put a Bush sign up in the yard years ago.

Guest semiautots

I'm the lone conservative in a neighborhood full of flaming liberals. The "leader" has been in a snit since I put a Bush sign up in the yard years ago.

We might just need to have a Pro2A rally in your front yard.  Who's up for a barbecue??

Im neutral when it comes to most politics. But I HATE the neighborhood. Not the neighbors, but who ever decided to create a neighborhood group thing without consent. Its always a complaint about a car, or a boat or we cant have trimmed bushes in front of our windows.

Oh, to have a nice BTR-80!!!  Larger side doors than earlier versions, and with a single powerful diesel instead of the cranky, dual engines and unreliable transmissions of previous versions.

Sadly, for those of us taller than 5'8", we can never sit in the driver's compartment of any BTR and close the hatch.

My ultimate 'want' vehicle is a British Saracen.  Easy maintenance, larger headroom, and most parts are easy to find and inexpensive.  The only bad part is that they don't swim.