Finished up the H&R Pardner build

Guest kingarmory

Guest kingarmory

We bought one of these back in 2013 because people had a lot of tech questions (does this fit?) and there wasn't one on the rack.  After looking at a new shotgun sit on the rack for a year we finally sat down and did a custom build on it.  Pretty bare-bones setup, the way I like a fighting shotgun.  Gun really cleaned up once the semi-rough machining got sandblasted smooth, parkerized, and Duracoated.

IMG_0924.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kingarmory

Nice! Can I ask about what one tricked out like that would cost?

Did the math on it and if ya did your own work on it the total would be about $450-475 including the gun.  The goal was a "budget build" and it definitely came in pretty inexpensively.  If you did this build on a used Pardner you'd be under $400.

We opted to do this build to go along with the filming for a "budget build" HD shotgun episode coming out on Shooting Sports Hawaii TV.  We had never done a build on a Pardner so it was a fun and educational experience.  Done a lot of barrel work and brake/breacher installs on them, but never a complete build.  For the money its a helluva nice shotgun

Edited by kingarmory

I have one, haven't shot it and been looking at the magpul stock and forearm, as well as the ATI one. 

The one thing I would like to get would be ghost rings on this or a rail on the receiver for optics..

Guest kingarmory

I have one, haven't shot it and been looking at the magpul stock and forearm, as well as the ATI one. 

The one thing I would like to get would be ghost rings on this or a rail on the receiver for optics..

The S&J Hardware stock adapter and rail that we're using on the Rem870 SuperMag build fits the Pardner as well, we just opted to use the Blackhawk stock since it was economical and readily available at your local Walmart or LGS.  Could install a set of ghost rings on another one sometime, I'm sure we'll end up doing another Pardner build at some point.