Why are Glocks so high?

jeff43

I think in part because a Glock is not as expensive to own. A lot of available upgrades/replacement parts that are not as expensive as some.  Mags. are a lot less expensive. So the risk of buying a used Glock that cannot be repaired inexpensively/upgraded is much lower. And by the way I shoot my 2 Glocks as well as any gun I own.

But your name will be attached? With so many people looking to jack someone up on a private sale (underage, out of state, convicted felon), how many legitimate sellers will sell you a gun without you showing an ID? I’m sure there are some, but I would think your purchasing would be pretty limited.

You would be incorrect. Unless I'm mistaken, it isn't law that I keep a record who I buy or sell a gun to. I don't. Many other people don't either. If I sell a gun to you, and you sell it, trade it, or throw it off a bridge, how is your name attached to it?

You would be incorrect. Unless I'm mistaken, it isn't law that I keep a record who I buy or sell a gun to. I don't. Many other people don't either. If I sell a gun to you, and you sell it, trade it, or throw it off a bridge, how is your name attached to it?

No it’s not a law that you keep a record. It is a law that you are responsible to know that the person you are selling a gun to is not underage, a resident of another state, or someone you know to be a convicted felon. Most of us have no way to find out if a person is a felon, but we are responsible to know they are not underage and that they are a resident of this state (handgun).

I think most responsible people won’t sell a gun to someone that refuses to show ID. I know I wouldn’t; but then I have always made that clear up front. I’m sure there are some people that will sell to anyone that has the cash.

I know of many cases of guns that were tracked that didn't go through a dealer or background check.

No it’s not a law that you keep a record. It is a law that you are responsible to know that the person you are selling a gun to is not underage, a resident of another state, or someone you know to be a convicted felon. ..

You always say that, but it's not accurate. Federal law only requires that you do not "know or have reasonable cause to believe" that the transfer would be illegal on any of those grounds. Important distinction.

That's why sting operations do not nab folks for merely selling without asking for identification, because it is simply not required. If they want to get a seller, they preface the deal with:

"hey, I'm from Alabama, but ...."

"hey, I've got a bit of legal trouble right now,  so I can't buy from an FFL, but ...."

"hey, I'm only 17, but ..."

THEN you "know or have reasonable cause to believe" and are culpable.

That being said, I myself would ask to see ID if I didn't know the person, and did, with the whopping one gun I think I've ever sold that way. :)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I'm taking a $145 beating on a SIG in the classifieds, and STILL none of you want it. I got an offer of $400!! WTH?

This site used to have good folks that would pick up a decent deal, and not try to gouge when selling. Now, it's dang near as bad as a gun show.

That ad has been killing me. Funds are low due to 4th baby on the way and wife decided this year we are completely redoing all the landscaping and paint for "curb appeal". I have been looking for a 225 for a while before she went on a spending spree. I wish I had the cash.

That ad has been killing me. Funds are low due to 4th baby on the way and wife decided this year we are completely redoing all the landscaping and paint for "curb appeal". I have been looking for a 225 for a while before she went on a spending spree. I wish I had the cash.

I wish you did, too. lol