Desert Eagle 1911 U so close to what I want.

vontar

I really like this except they don't make this one in 9mm as far as I can tell.  My next gun is going to be a 1911 9mm.

Correct me if I am wrong if there is a 9mm version of it.

Desert Eagle 1911 U Model

DE1911U

DesertEagle1911UModel.jpg

http://www.magnumresearch.com/Firearms/Magnum-Research-Desert-Eagle-1911-U-Model.asp

In my opinion, it looks much better then any of the 9mm baby eagles.

The steel and Polymer ones look about the same and have a look I just can't like.

BabyDesertEagleII9mm.jpg

Anyways I am shopping for a 1911 compact and was trying to consider a DE.  But from what I can see they don't make exactly the look I would like.

If I was in the market for a .45 the above DE would be it.

My other contender is a Colt Defender.   I have a few others I am looking at as well.

Yes I know, I am probably going to hear get the .45.  But I am already stocked up on 9mm ammo.

Any other suggestions on a 1911 9mm, compact models in major brands? 

Already looking at Colt and S&M.

Might be a small thing, but I want to like the looks of my guns as well as performance.

If you want to see something ugly, look at the Micro Desert Eagle's.

I have one of the Baby Desert Eagle semi compacts in all-steel.  It's the absolute best 9mm I've owned.  I've also looked over their 1911s, but I'm just not ready to make the leap to .45

That is me, right now, I want a 9mm, partly due to ammo cost and also my wife will be more comfortable shooting it I believe vs a .45.

Most of my gun purchases I am considering if she will shoot it.  That is not to say if there is something I just want, I won't get it if she can't handle it.

Just that I am trying to consider her in the purchase process.

If I considered what my wife would shoot before I bought it, I would have an empty gun safe and a full savings account! Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]now Free[/URL]
  • Like 4

I just got a Citadel 9MM that is made by the same company that makes Rock Island. I have owns a few Rock's and I think this pistol

has a better fit and finish. it shoots very well. I got it to do a conversion.

It comes in a full and compact size. To include a lifetime warranty.

I am picking up my first 1911 this Thursday. Para Ordnance Expert in stainless, with the fiber optic sight.

Went shopping last Saturday, was intending to go the Springfield route after researching online but did not like the RO adjustable sight, and they did not have the Loaded model available. I held several others, and the Para felt the best. It has a great feeling trigger as well as a proclaimed match barrel.

If I considered what my wife would shoot before I bought it, I would have an empty gun safe and a full savings account! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

If you made that consideration I am sure she would find a way to shoot though the bank account.  :D

I have one of the Baby Desert Eagle semi compacts in all-steel.  It's the absolute best 9mm I've owned.  I've also looked over their 1911s, but I'm just not ready to make the leap to .45

I've got the 9mm and .40S&W all-steel Baby Eagles.  If I had to sell off my guns these would be the last two handguns to go.  They are without a doubt two of most favorite guns in the safe.

Doesn't STI make a small 9mm in their duty line?  I lust after a Colt CCO in 9mm but I'll never get one :(

Not anymore.  They used to have a smaller gun (was it the rogue??) but I think they now only make 7+ inch monsters.