Greetings from Murfreeesboro

Hello everyone, 

I'm Dave. I recently got my HCP, and I am looking to keep training and learning more about handguns and self defense in general. 

I work from home as a writer and help my wife run her business when called upon. I first got interested in shooting a few years ago when I purchased my first handgun, a Springfield XDM-40. Sadly, I no longer have that fine pistol, but it has been replaced with a Beretta PX4 SC 9mm (which my wife likes so much I think it's really hers now), and a Ruger GP100 6" 357 Magnum. 

I don't plan to stop there, as I am looking to re-acquire a .40 caliber pistol for my collection soon, and I actually spent some of today looking at several at The Outpost Armory. I have it narrowed down, I think, so now just have to be patient.

I usually go shooting at On Target here in Murfreesboro, but I've also been out to the Stones River Hunter Education Center on Hobson Pike a few times over the past couple of years. 

I'm glad to be getting connected with others of a like mind. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to TGO from a fellow 'Boro resident.

If you've never been to OK Corral in Woodbury, I'd highly recommend it. Way better than an outing to the Hobson Pike range.

Also, if your wife might like meeting once a month with a local Ladies-only shooting group (non-competitive and  quite casual), my fiancee heads one up here in town. Let me know if she's interested.

Edited by tartanphantom
Welcome from Clarksville. Glad to have you here. When shopping for your 40, make sure to check out the SIG P229R. It's the best shooting 40 I've owned. Plus you can buy a 357 SIG drop in barrel. 40 is great, but the 357 SIG is one nasty little round. The P229 357 SIG is my EDC. Michael Noirot Clarksville, Tennessee Life Member National Rifle Association Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk